Grisly new footage shows orcas attacking a great white shark and eating its liver

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Orca are amazing creatures....they never stop surprising the "experts" with their behaviour

Orca’s are scary. People they sharks are the scary ones, heck no. Orcas are like sharks mixed with dolphins. Crazy strong/fast and crazy smart.

I used to do a lot of kayaking. I see Orcas from time to time. Once paddling north of Port Hardy we came across an area where we found two harbour seal heads floating in the water, no bodies, fisherman later told us that a pod of orcas swam through the area and killed every harbour seal they could catch. I have yet to personally witness Orca's feeding, and maybe I don't want to.

Orca’s are scary. People they sharks are the scary ones, heck no. Orcas are like sharks mixed with dolphins. Crazy strong/fast and crazy smart.
It's crazy how smart they are. They are this close to having an actual language. They use tactics when they hunt. For example, when a shark is upside down it goes into a catatonic state called tonic immobility. Orcas will swim upside down to a shark, grab a hold of it then right themselves, flipping the shark over in the process. Boom, helpless shark. The movie Blackfish showed orcas coordinating to create waves to knock a seal off some floating ice it tried to retreat to.
I love sharks. But orcas are the apex predator of the sea.

The scary one is all the humans who'll enjoy the video, then go feed their predatory fish... Sharks make sense and Orcas are serious hunters.

The scary one is all the humans who'll enjoy the video, then go feed their predatory fish... Sharks make sense and Orcas are serious hunters.
The scary ones are the humans that kill sharks. Orca's won't ever reach the amount of sharks humans kill in a single day.

Both animals are awesome

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back