Greetings!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Archerfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am the 'concierge' for a very cool Archerfish, Red Ear Slider turtle, Upside Down Catfish and goldfish. I special ordered the archerfish, Archie, as a juvenile 14-years ago in February 2008 and is now 14-years old and lives in a planted, 90-gallon tank. The turtle, Neptune, is 25-years old and lives in a 230-gallon indoor pond. I call it a 'palatial suite' complete with a red mangrove and goldfish. I also keep a 150-gallon indoor planted pond containing the last of the upside down catfish (Synodontis nigriventris) I also special ordered in 2010. Large Red Mangroves ( Rhizophora mangle) are growing in the indoor ponds. I acquired them as propagules back in 2008 when keeping several brackish water Mudskipper ( Periophthalmus spp.) tidepool set-ups. The mangroves have developed into magnificent trees. They have gorgeous flowers in the spring. I also have one outdoor goldfish pond and one porch pond. I am especially interested in brackish water habitats. Thanks for having me as a member!

Neptune's Pond IMG_3013.jpg

Attachments

• Mangrove Pond IMG_3006.jpg
    Mangrove Pond IMG_3006.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 19
nice turtle....would make a nice entry in our Pet of the Month contest which is accepting entries right now. Hint...hint!

Beautiful setup. Curious how do you keep the relative humidity down. With that large surface area open my RH would be in the 80 to 90%.

Beautiful setup. Curious how do you keep the relative humidity down. With that large surface area open my RH would be in the 80 to 90%.
Thanks for the kind reply! Great question about humidity. I use a dehumidifier that vents the water directly outside so no tank to empty. The dehumidifier brand is Homelabs. This is the second year I've owned it. I have no previous experience with this brand or any other dehumidifier so we will see how well it holds up. I am always happy to share my fish & plant keeping/fish room experiences.

nice turtle....would make a nice entry in our Pet of the Month contest which is accepting entries right now. Hint...hint!
Thank you Fishmanic! Yeah, Neptune is a real celebrity. Neighbors and visiting family always want to see him. They will walk in and say "Great to see you, hey, where is Neptune?" He was a rescue from horrific conditions and grew up with the kids. Neptune enjoys the good life!

Welcome to TFF... :hi:
I oh so love this indoor pond...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back