Greetings from Yorkshire

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Pearl gouramis are generally on the more peaceful side of gouramis, You can actually have them with a variety of peaceful community fish that appreciate the same water qualities (such as ph, gh etc) you can even keep them very well with red tailed sharks or rainbow sharks as they generally originate from similar areas but obviously with red tail sharks and rainbow sharks that limits a lot of options. Pearl gouramis are I would say a medium-small sized fish but saying that some have grown to be quite large so I would reccommend at least a 200L to be on the safe side as these fish love to be in groups. With the groups though always make sure that there is one male as with all gouramis they don’t tend to tolerate other male gouramis (there are exceptions) but pearl gouramis are very beautiful fish that are great for communities! I would not however house them with any aggressive or territorial fish (apart from the “sharks”) or notorious fin nippers.

Hey up ! @SHERRIFFP Welcome to the seemingly unending ranks of former aquarists returning to the hobby. You are in a very large company. Get a big tank. Go basic and get the old standby common fish in the hobby that you've had before. You'll come back up to speed quickly.

Pearl gouramis are generally on the more peaceful side of gouramis, You can actually have them with a variety of peaceful community fish that appreciate the same water qualities (such as ph, gh etc) you can even keep them very well with red tailed sharks or rainbow sharks as they generally originate from similar areas but obviously with red tail sharks and rainbow sharks that limits a lot of options. Pearl gouramis are I would say a medium-small sized fish but saying that some have grown to be quite large so I would reccommend at least a 200L to be on the safe side as these fish love to be in groups. With the groups though always make sure that there is one male as with all gouramis they don’t tend to tolerate other male gouramis (there are exceptions) but pearl gouramis are very beautiful fish that are great for communities! I would not however house them with any aggressive or territorial fish (apart from the “sharks”) or notorious fin nippers.
Thanks for the advice I want a minimum 240 litre tank. What shall I do start topic in another forum about what tanks you recommend

Thanks for the advice I want a minimum 240 litre tank. What shall I do start topic in another forum about what tanks you recommend
No worries! I personally reccomend a brand known as diversa as they are great sized aquariums for cheaper prices and they are also really well made in my experience :) (my 80 gallon is a diversa make)

Fluval or Juwel similar tanks which would you choose
Both great tank makes. Fluval Roma's are really good value for the money. Juwel have just won brand of the year again and they are well built quality tanks. You do pay more for that quality tho.

You can fall on some great deals in the used market tho so its worth a look on facebook market place etc.

No worries! I personally reccomend a brand known as diversa as they are great sized aquariums for cheaper prices and they are also really well made in my experience :) (my 80 gallon is a diversa make)
Been looking at these aquariums the 250 litre tank. Just trying to a clear picture of what the cabinets like I want black. How do they compare to juwel or fluval

Been looking at these aquariums the 250 litre tank. Just trying to a clear picture of what the cabinets like I want black. How do they compare to juwel or fluval
To be honest they are pretty similar, at the end of the day a sturdy glass/acryllic aquarium are all extremely similar. Most of the time they use different more expensive glass with juwel and fluval which is barely noticable and considering diversa do what both the other brands do but for cheaper is just a no brainer as you could get two diversa 250 litres and stand for the price of one fluval 250 litre and stand and thats not even including equipment :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back