Green severum stripes or no stripes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
About a month ago I bought 2 baby green sev for my 500l they are growing steadily fast for what I have read about sevs the larger of the two is now over 3inch from 1.5 and has no stripes apart from one just before the tail fin the smaller just over 2inch has stripes along its whole body , do they loose the stripes or will they stay I know eventually il be rehoming one of the two and don’t want to rehome one that may have rarer patterning so to say

I'm not an expert on sevs but from what I was told numerous years ago stripes or bars on the fish can be a response to stress? Is it being bullied or skittish?

But I'm sure someone who knows more about them might be able to shed light on it.

Solid bars are a juvenile thing or a stress or breeding pattern in adults. As they grow they should end up with one stripe near the tail but this won’t always show either.

Mine had stripes it's whole life. The one by the tail was almost always there, but depending on variables, the fish would be white with no stripes, to all the stripes it had as a juvenile and a.dark color. It would hang out anywhere in between as well.

Why would you need to re-home one? While some say these guys are angry, mine was a big teddy bear. Only when food was introduced did he get a little aggressive. Even then, it was just a toss the body weight around thing. Would just poke at another fish to stay away from his cube. Other than that, he just hung out and chilled with all the other fiahies in there.

Solid bars are a juvenile thing or a stress or breeding pattern in adults. As they grow they should end up with one stripe near the tail but this won’t always show either.
I was thinking they grow out of it as they both had stripes when bought but the larger one now has one by its tail the smaller one even at 2 inches still has strong bands , thinking it’s time for one to go before it effects its growth and health

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back