Green cory catfish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

? sooo.. what do you feed cory fry itiwhetu?
Egg yolk like this

You shouldn't be bored with me. Feeding fry that don't like salt with brine shrimp isn't good.

Dam my cory eggs has fungus on em i got 1 or 2 that don't have any yet they were away from the rest so I'm hoping they will not get any and will live

Looking forward to seeing how all that brine shrimp you guys feed your young cory's serve them in their later life, as cory's hate salt.

You can see how this master breeder's fish do on BBS right here;

Oh wait, are you a master breeder too?? Hiding your light under a bushel?

Dam my cory eggs has fungus on em i got 1 or 2 that don't have any yet they were away from the rest so I'm hoping they will not get any and will live
Mate I'm sorry. You can use methylene blue and/or alder cones to help reduce fungus in future spawns, but you still need to check frequently to remove any fungused ones. There's more info about that in the thread I linked before.

If you want to give it another shot, at least you know that they've spawned once, so they can again :) Feed them some quality foods for a week or two, then do some large water changes with water that's a few degrees cooler than the tank temp (replicates the cooler, rainy season when they spawn in the wild), and you'll be collecting eggs again in no time I'm sure.

You can see how this master breeder's fish do on BBS right here;

Oh wait, are you a master breeder too?? Hiding your light under a bushel?
Interesting hadn't really thought about that. What is the definition of a master breeder and I will be able to tell you if I fit in there.
But I have breed around 100 different species of freshwater fish and most of them in commercial quantities. I have also always tried to use best practices when breeding fish. I have also breed some fish for the challenge and have experimented a lot on how to get fish to spawn. A master breeder not sure, you decide.

Well I'm sorry to say my first batch of cory eggs didn't make it but just 2 hrs ago I have another batch. I did put some stuff in to hopefully stop any fungus from forming or showing on this new batch

Hey I got 1 baby catfish from this batch so far bottom right corner

Attachments

• Resized_20210414_195920.jpeg
    Resized_20210414_195920.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 59
question:
do i have to remove the babies out of main tank?
i feed all my fish powdered sinking food so i think they can eat it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back