FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

R84achey

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,
So my gravel has arrived it’s been thoroughly rinsed. However I have only added 15kg so far and to me it looks like enough. However when checking the calculators etc it’s saying I need at least 25kg? What do you think? Should I open the other bag or is it enough? Ignore the marks in the unit need to give it another clean ?

Attachments

• DBDF046D-6A7C-4DEB-97A3-825B21D87B95.jpeg
    DBDF046D-6A7C-4DEB-97A3-825B21D87B95.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 6B1C4806-CEAE-41CE-8820-5322A08BC21C.jpeg
    6B1C4806-CEAE-41CE-8820-5322A08BC21C.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 87
About how much gravel is in there now? (Depth)*

*I would fill the tank up just a little bit, so all the gravel settles, then measure it.

Hi Guys & Gals,
So my gravel has arrived it’s been thoroughly rinsed. However I have only added 15kg so far and to me it looks like enough. However when checking the calculators etc it’s saying I need at least 25kg? What do you think? Should I open the other bag or is it enough? Ignore the marks in the unit need to give it another clean ?
If it looks like enough to you, then it's enough...forget calculators..if you are going to have plants, make sure you have at least 2" (5 cm)

About how much gravel is in there now? (Depth)*

*I would fill the tank up just a little bit, so all the gravel settles, then measure it.
I say around an inch and a half to 2 inch... other half says 2.5 to 3 but we know what men are like with measurements... ya know what blonde moment I’m going to get a ruler and check lol!!

If it looks like enough to you, then it's enough...forget calculators..if you are going to have plants, make sure you have at least 2" (5 cm)
I’ve just got artificial ones at the moment with the intention of adding a few live just for the health of the tank. However live plants scare me ? I have this habit of being unable to keep my house plants alive

I’ve just got artificial ones at the moment with the intention of adding a few live just for the health of the tank. However live plants scare me ? I have this habit of being unable to keep my house plants alive
Nah, aquarium plants are easy, if you choose the right ones...the simple-to-grow ones, that is...

Heck, they never need watering....what's easier than that? ;)

Nah, aquarium plants are easy, if you choose the right ones...the simple-to-grow ones, that is...

Heck, they never need watering....what's easier than that? ;)
Any reccomendations for easy ones.. we were both way out!!! 1.3 inch going to clean the other bag now... quick one regarding my filter I have the fluval 307 am I best sticking a pipe at either end and how far into the water do they need to go?

I say around an inch and a half to 2 inch... other half says 2.5 to 3 but we know what men are like with measurements... ya know what blonde moment I’m going to get a ruler and check lol!!
If you like that amount, I would keep it. If you want more, just add more! Now you have the luxury of having more than you need, just in case you ever need to add any.

Any reccomendations for easy ones.. we were both way out!!! 1.3 inch going to clean the other bag now... quick one regarding my filter I have the fluval 307 am I best sticking a pipe at either end and how far into the water do they need to go?
Java fern, java moss, anacharis, crypts, swords for plants.

As for canister filters, I like to have the inflow pipe on one end of the tank, and the outflow pipe on the other...

Java fern, java moss, anacharis, crypts, swords for plants.
Java fern is grown attached to decor. It has rhizome (a thick stem like thing, the leaves grow out of one side, the roots out of the other) and it rots if buried.
Java moss is also grown attached to something.
Anacharis is called elodea or Egeria densa over here, it's stem plant which can be planted or left to float.
Crypts (cryptocorynes) and sword plants are rosette plants grown in the substrate.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back