Gravel for cories?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DancingBetta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am going to redo my tank soon. The substrate is CaribSea supernaturals sand. I think it would be nice to make a path in the tank. Is there a gravel I can use that won’t damage my cories’ barbels? Or is there a dark colored sand that is safe? Really any darker substrate would be fine.

Hi everyone!
I am going to redo my tank soon. The substrate is CaribSea supernaturals sand. I think it would be nice to make a path in the tank. Is there a gravel I can use that won’t damage my cories’ barbels? Or is there a dark colored sand that is safe? Really any darker substrate would be fine.
You could try Tahitian Moon sand, but honestly, any sand "path" in a tank isn't going to remain a path for very long, with the corys rummaging through it...

Hey :)

gravel is ok IF smooth, polished, with a grain size of less than 3 millimetres.
Think to add wood roots and plants.

The best way would be to line the sides of the sad path with wood and bigger stones to create a barrier.corys forever nosing around won’t be long before mixing the sand and gravel together.A sieve is handy for when this happens.It may be possible to glue down the gravel sides of the path to act as a buffer between the sand and loose gravel.

Something like this, maybe ?

barriere.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back