Gouramis Not Breeding :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

josh63762

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hay all about 2 weeks ago i got 3 blue gouramis 2 female and 1 male. the male is 8 cm and the females are about 7cm. they are in a 70 L with great filtration not alot of water movement. i have been conditioning them on bloodworm but nothing no bubble nest or anything :( the one female seems to be a bit darker and slightly fatter and she has recently started chasing the other female but the male has not made a bubnle nest or anything... the tank is very lightly planted and the temp is 28 degrees cel... is there anything im doing wrong and how long does the female take to produce her eggs? does she get fat slowly or quickly like over 2 days or so? thanks guys help would be much appreciated :)

They may still be quite young - give them a chance.

how long about do u think? p.s thanks for the reply :)

Adults get 12 - 15 cm, so they are indeed quite young. Besides of that they are in a too small tank to my believe (or is it only for breeding). These fish belong in a 120 x 40/50 x 40/50 (192 to 300 liter) tank.

yip its just for breeding and the male has started to build a bubble nest so im hopefull :)

I would have thought it was better to condition them separately...

I also think that reducing the water level and making it a tiny bit warmer is supposed to help, too.

Most reactions

trending

Back