Gouramis believed to be dwarf

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have recently been to e fish store to get some terras for my tank they didnā€™t have any in so they recommended me dwarf Gouramis I told them my tank size 200L 48gallon and my stocking and they said they would be fine I had researched these fish before so I also thought that they would be fine and not get to big a day after I got them I decided to research and see what colour variant they were only to find that I had bought two baby gouramis that will get around 4 inches long Iā€™m not certain that they will as I only saw one picture that looked vaguely like my fish but Iā€™m just panicking that I have mistakenly bought two fish without truly knowing about the species I have purchased any help is appreciated (images are inserted below) there is another one with the same patterns but they like to hide all the time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 67
it's a blue gourami that will reach about 5 inches in length.
dwarf gouramis only get to 1-2 inches long.

it's a blue gourami that will reach about 5 inches in length.
dwarf gouramis only get to 1-2 inches long.
Ok thank you do you think they will be ok in my 200L because I have already got an angelfish something guppies and Cardinal tetras in there and two rainbow fish I really donā€™t want to overstock the tank I think I may have already done that though I might have to give a few fish to my friends if I have

It's one of the colours of three spot gourami and these are at the more aggressive end of the gourami behaviour spectrum. It is never a good idea to mix gouramis and angelfish, and with this species being on the aggressive side, you could have problems.

I would see if the shop would take them back - they have been mis-sold if they told you they were dwarfs. But any gouramis should be avoided with angelfish.

This is the second post this week where someone was sold a variety of three spot and told they were dwarfs :(

It's one of the colours of three spot gourami and these are at the more aggressive end of the gourami behaviour spectrum. It is never a good idea to mix gouramis and angelfish, and with this species being on the aggressive side, you could have problems.

I would see if the shop would take them back - they have been mis-sold if they told you they were dwarfs. But any gouramis should be avoided with angelfish.

This is the second post this week where someone was sold a variety of three spot and told they were dwarfs :(
Thatā€™s really sad that other people are being missold gouramis aswell thank you I will see if the pet shop will take them if not I might get another aquarium as Iā€™ve been thinking about getting one for a while

I have emailed the store I bought them from in regards to the gouramis and because I bought a rainbow fish and that has died today three days after 8 got it all of the other fish I bought are perfectly fine though

If you ever lose a fish, do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week to help dilute any disease organisms in the water.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

If you ever get sick rainbowfish, add 2 heaped tablespoons of salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks.

If you ever lose a fish, do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week to help dilute any disease organisms in the water.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

If you ever get sick rainbowfish, add 2 heaped tablespoons of salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks.
Thank you I did a 50% water change the day after as the rainbow fish died The day after a 75% water change and I didnā€™t want to do to much wate change as I didnā€™t know if it would harm the fish I have been gravel vacuuming every day though thank you !

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back