GOURAMI PROBLEM!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jstew

Reaction score
HELP! Gourami looks like it has a chunk biten out of him or is it a disease?. Not house with any aggressive fish just 2 other angel fish, 2 other gouramis one dwarf one pearl. 3 rosey barbs and 4 corydoras. I know his fins has been nipped at before but nothing this serious. He is still eating and acting fairly normal. But read some threads online that concerned me about a few diseases. Any input? thanks!

Attachments

• BF476BFF-E713-4889-933A-6417573CDF67.jpeg
    BF476BFF-E713-4889-933A-6417573CDF67.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 1,176
  • 3B934BF4-F082-4A42-B8FF-D7300392365A.jpeg
    3B934BF4-F082-4A42-B8FF-D7300392365A.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 64
  • D815B2D8-A000-402B-A97B-30C81D5630A2.jpeg
    D815B2D8-A000-402B-A97B-30C81D5630A2.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 65
HELP! Gourami looks like it has a chunk biten out of him or is it a disease?. Not house with any aggressive fish just 2 other angel fish, 2 other gouramis one dwarf one pearl. 3 rosey barbs and 4 corydoras. I know his fins has been nipped at before but nothing this serious. He is still eating and acting fairly normal. But read some threads online that concerned me about a few diseases. Any input? thanks!
Oh wow, that looks bad! I am not sure if it is a disease or an injury. How long has the tank been setup? Angels are known for being a bit aggressive, they get especially aggressive during spawning. I also know it is not usually a good idea to have multiple male gourami, and I don’t think you are really supposed to mix the varieties. What is the tank size and water parameters?

@Colin_T should be able to help, once he gets online. He sure isn’t looking to good. :(

Oh wow, that looks bad! I am not sure if it is a disease or an injury. How long has the tank been setup? Angels are known for being a bit aggressive, they get especially aggressive during spawning. I also know it is not usually a good idea to have multiple male gourami, and I don’t think you are really supposed to mix the varieties. What is the tank size and water parameters?
Tank has been has been up for four months. Its a 75 gal aquariuk and water parameters are in good standing. Have not had any issue out of the 2 male gourami. The pearl is a female. Just unfortunately dont know when this happended

Tank has been has been up for four months. Its a 75 gal aquariuk and water parameters are in good standing. Have not had any issue out of the 2 male gourami. The pearl is a female. Just unfortunately dont know when this happended
Or if a another fish did it not not.. concerning though

Hmmm I am not sure, I’m sorry. I am not experienced with angels OR gouramis. @Colin_T is very experienced with diseases, he may be along soon to help!

Looks like an injury. My Gouramis can get very territorial especially when it’s two males fighting for dominance. Are they both males?

Looks like an injury. My Gouramis can get very territorial especially when it’s two males fighting for dominance. Are they both males?
Gourami have an upturned very small mouth so I’m not sure a fellow gourami could even inflict that kind of damage. Is he the smallest of the gouramis? Is he full size yet? Can’t tell from the photo... might have been an angel they are also territorial and if they feel there’s a shortage of food they may attack other fish

Usually mixing varieties is fine as long as you stay with FFM ratio

Angels can be very aggressive, I have seen mine attack my Red-Eyed Tetras. But there are lots of plants in the tank and the teras are very fast.

I believe both are males. Atleast from what i was told in another fourm. i posted pictures of the 2 because i couldnt distinguish. But they have been in there for quite some time. Never anything like this

Angels can be very aggressive, I have seen mine attack my Red-Eyed Tetras. But there are lots of plants in the tank and the teras are very fast.
I do have a big angel fish in there bigger than all the fish. But i didnt think they had teeth at the end of their mouths to do somethin like that?

It might be dwarf gourami iridovirus. It's an especially large lesion but it does look like the ones it causes.
Im afraid it could be the virus which i read is uncurable correct?. is there any way i can forsure distinguish virus from wound?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back