FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Whales7

Reaction score
Hi all,

My golden gourami has been living in my dadā€™s tank for a while now, almost a year. (I raised him in a twenty gallon and he moved to the sixty when he got bigger). He lives with some angels and discus and my comet goldfish as well, who are all healthy. Recently for the past couple of weeks I noticed he is spending all his time lying on the bottom. He looks fine to me and when I approach the glass he gets up and swims for a bit and then lies back down. Iā€™ve noticed he is swimming laboriously (although not for lack of energy) like his bottom fins donā€™t function quite right. They are kind of tinged dark brown at the bottom. His head is always higher than his tail and he has to wiggle his whole body to swim. I feel like if he tried he couldnā€™t simply drift near the surface and would just sink. But he is not breathing heavily and eats normally, so I donā€™t know what is wrong. He used to have fish to pick on in his old tank but now he canā€™t, too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 109
Picture of him swimming

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 119
He looks pretty normal to me. Gourami's don't usually move fast unless they have to.

Is this a heated tank? If not, what is the temperature? Cold fish move slow.

The temperature is 26 degrees Celsius and all the other fish are swimming fine. Is he just doing that because he is lazy/depressed? I would say he spends a good 80% of his time lying against the glass (from my observations during the day)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back