gourami food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gi4get

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i just bought two beautiful sunset honey dwarf gouramis and love 'em. right now i'be been feeding them a combo of finely crunched flake food and little bits of frozen however they seem more interested in my plants. what do dwarf gouramis commenly eat? i want to give them a varied diet but don't know what else to include. they seem pretty finicky and have turned their noses up to freeze dried bloodworms and slow sinking granules (generic tropical fish food). any suggestions? what do y'all feed your gouramis? thanks

Hello Gi4get :D

I'm surprised to learn that your gouramis are picky eaters. :eek:

Mine eat flake food, spirulina discs, freeze dried tubiflex and live bloodworms. They particularly like the spirulina if I pre soak it in a bit of aquarium water first.

what kind of discs are they? i have some algae wafers for my oto. do you think they'll like that?

Spirulina is a kind of blue green algae. It wouldn't hurt your gouramis to feed them whatever kind of algae wafers you have. Give it a try. But remember that they should have a balanced diet and continue to feed them the flakes and whatever else they will eat, too.

Please let me know if they like it.

i think my gouramis were just adjusting to their new surroundings. i feed a variety of flake, algae, cichlid, betta, and frozen foods and they're now eating like horses. they're eating a little of everything. thanks for your advice.

Hi Gi4get :)

I'm glad to hear that your gouramis have settled in and are eating again. I really enjoy looking at my gouramis. They are so graceful and lovely. And I know you do too. :D

joshua said:
do your dwarfs eat alot? was wondering if i shud get a pair
Gouramis are fine little fish, joshua. :thumbs:

If you have room in your tank for them you would surely enjoy them. It's best if you have some plants for them, too. :)

hmm if iwant to breed them i saw a webby that suggested getting surface plants.. i had some floating plants but threw them away.. is it necessary to get them? how is the bubble nest constructed?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back