Gourami feelers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sinuhe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Most of the Dwarf Gouramis in fish stores that I've seen have "cut" feelers, even in good quality stores. Also the Gourami I bought a few days ago (an orange male Dwarf Gourami) has stubby tentacles that are only about half an inch in length. I assume they'll grow back in time? He looks fine otherwise.

Good question, I have no idea if they grow back. By saying they are cut that makes it sound intentional by a person, I can't imagine why. If taken off by another fish, well I'm sure that happens but 1/2 inch??? I will be curious as to the posts for anyone that may know. :/

I don't imagine they were cut on purpose. Bad choice of word, you can blame it on English only being my second language :*)

I brought a gourami three weeks ago that had one short feeler. It has completely grown back now.

I would imagine it would grow back if your new guy is kept in clean, healthy conditions. I'd just suggest you keep an eye out for infection, because if there is any, you've got the best chance of saving the feeler if you catch it quick and treat it. Keep his water super clean while he's healing and it should be good! :thumbs:

It seems like the feelers are starting to grow back :) There is a couple of mm new growth at the end of each tentacle. And the fish seems fine :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back