Gotta New Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Since Teaka passed on yesterday I have an empty spot in the betta lairs so as much as I miss Teaka of course I had to go out and buy a new one...The store had at least 100 bettas to chose from and I stood there for a good hour trying to decide...such a hard hard desicion.

I will get some betta(lol i spotted that during my proof read) pictures when he setttles in tomarrow. I find it hard to get the camera to pick up his natural colors but I will try tommarow and also hopefully get a flare picture. He is currently nameless but your welcome to suggestions. Also the store had him listed as Halfmoon but he might be Super Delta...willl have to wait till he decides to flare. either way he is still so gorgeous :)

017-2.jpg

019.jpg

Very pretty boy, Hard to tell if he's SD or HM without a flare pic... hmmm. Either way he's absolutely gorgeous!

-Rezz

hes a delta...maybe super delta...not a hm...the "spread" in his caudal isnt enough, even when not flaring.
gorgeous nonetheless.
cheers

Just seen him flare and he looks to just be a delta/almost super delta....the store had halfmoons on one shelf then the next shelf up was super deltas so maybe they got mixed up being so close...o well i am not mad or complaining really because he is so beautiful its all good :)

SInce he is still young so is there still potention for his fins and tail to grow any more??

defo sd. beautiful fish.
his fins may grow longer but not more rays (which would "extend" the tail edges to make him a HM. whatever! hes LOVERLY :)
cheers

WOW-EE he really must be a happy fish. Hes already starting to build a bubble nest and I've only had had him for 15 hours!!!!!!!! lol Definitly a first for me.

008-3.jpg

I saw this post this morning, but didn't have time to reply, but OMG he is GORGEOUS :drool:

I have never seen one build a bubble nest, especially a new one, mine just hide in the corner :S

He is beautiful, good find. Most of my boys are making nests at the moment. One of them even has one each end of his tank. Think he might be after a bit of two timing! :rolleyes:

Heres his completed bubble nest that he finished yesterday only 15 or so hours after I brought him home from LFS in that tiny little cup. Im not sure what he is so happy about because I have no females for him...at least hes happy :)

014-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

hes happy to be OUT of that little cup and into a proper home :)
that is an impressive nest.
im in lve with him!
cheers

Most reactions

Back