Gotta love how the internet confuses fish for eating and fish for keeping

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kyanite14

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
F5170E1B-C031-4BE0-B361-7B7140E830CD.jpeg

Uh… yeah, not what I meant Google 😂 I think cooking my fish would do more than kill off parasites.

Ive searched different things for fish and gotten results on fish for consuming instead of keeping. It is pretty funny.
In fact Ive searched exactly what the OP has before and thats the result I got 😂

It's really spectacular the results you get in google translate. I get lazy sometimes and google translate messages from English to French, because it'll give me my accents and such without having to change over the keyboard settings. I ALWAYS edit carefully though, because otherwise my friends in France would envision me spearing killies on toothpicks and eating them. I always start out discussing apparently tasty, colourful fish when I use the programs.

There is a recipe for deep fired dwarf Gourami's out there somewhere. Came across it years ago.
It is interesting to note actually that most all fish are edible.
This guy went into the Amazon and was eating fish from the river that you'd find in pet stores here.
He cooked them all and ate them.

People have to eat what's available to them. If "ornamental" fish are easy to catch in a location, then it's going to be eaten. It's the same with insects, seen a stand in Thailand with all sorts of bugs for eating. Not sure I fancy dwarf gourami, or bugs though. I believe Basa fillets that we get in the UK are Pangasius Shark. Could be wrong.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back