gotta find a way to raise money

afireinside

A Shrine To Madness
Reaction score
well, i was at my lfs yesterday. i bought my fish, so i went looking at tanks, then i see it, bunched of 37 gallon tanks for $97! including the stand! i really wish i went there instead of petsmart to get my tank. any ideas how i can raise money? i would do a lemonade stand, but litterally, it's 100 deggrees out side (farenhiet).

sell a load of stuff on ebay
one mans junk is another mans ebay bargin

I just picked up a 50 ga with stand and a ac 500 for 90 bucks!!! included hand made wood canopy. is the 37 including the light fixture? other wise I wouldn't think it's the greatest buy in the world

yup, including light fixture. hehe, my dad said, if i can keep up in the hobby of fish keeping, he said he'd buy me a 70, 80, 90 or 100 gallon tank. guess wich one i pick. but on the other hand, where would i keep my 37 gallon? i'm gonna have my big tank in the basement, 29 gallons are in my room, so is my five, maybe, i can squeeze that 37 gallon in the basement. don't worry, our basement is more of an entertaniment center, not a place were you store junk when you feel you no longer need it anymore.

The blood banks will pay good money for blood or plasma. :lol:

Clean the neighbours cars for $5.00 thats what i used to do. Or even mow their lawns.

oppositearmor said:
no job, live with my parents, i'm only 13, why would i pay rent?
[snapback]845535[/snapback]​

Cos sometimes you'll find that parents start charging you for rent when they wanna move you out when you get older ;) .
Just pick up some part time jobs, u'know like gardening, paper rounds, cleaning cars and that kind of stuff- theres nothing better than working hard for somthing good and then feeling the satisfaction or getting what you worked hard for in your ownership :nod: . Plus your parents won't be able to complain about your fish keeping hobby costing a fortune if you are paying for all the stuff with your own cash :p .

Thats a good deal. I paid way more than that for my 37 stand tank and lights.

Is it a real solid pine stand or one of those garbage particle board stands that warp and come apart if you get em wet.

Yea its okay deal, I purchased 37 gallon for 188 something like that. Stand, canopy, lights, glas tops, and tank. So its good deal

You could even visit re-tirees or the elderly. They sometimes recquire yong people to do jobs they cant, and you feel good about doing it too! :D

Tokis-Phoenix said:
oppositearmor said:
no job, live with my parents, i'm only 13, why would i pay rent?
[snapback]845535[/snapback]​

Cos sometimes you'll find that parents start charging you for rent when they wanna move you out when you get older ;) .
Just pick up some part time jobs, u'know like gardening, paper rounds, cleaning cars and that kind of stuff- theres nothing better than working hard for somthing good and then feeling the satisfaction or getting what you worked hard for in your ownership :nod: . Plus your parents won't be able to complain about your fish keeping hobby costing a fortune if you are paying for all the stuff with your own cash :p .
[snapback]845576[/snapback]​
hmm, all of the paper rounds sadly got taken, a new little village (i don't know what to call it) came up. but gardning and cleaning cars dosen't sound bad either.

Is it a real solid pine stand or one of those garbage particle board stands that warp and come apart if you get em wet.

It's red oak.

when I was a teenager the quickest way for me to make money was by letting my parents know that I wanted to buy something and asking them if there were any jobs around the house/yard or Dad's office that I could do for a few bucks. They were usually willing to help me out if I was willing to work hard. I also did yard work for the old guy across the street but he didn't pay ask well.

Most reactions

trending

Back