Got to Have a Fishtank Room

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

10 Tanks

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello TFF. Had to have a tank room in the basement. Can't have all these tanks on the main floor. Too heavy and too much water. So, it's got to be in the basement. Have nine tanks from 45 to 100 gallons. Don't know how many fish, but there are Goldfish and Comets, Buenos Aires Tetras, Black Skirts, White Skirts, three different species of Platys, Guppies, Red Eyed Tetras, Zebra Danios, a Pleco and Orange Saddle Corydoras. There may be some Fathead Minnows in the outside pond, but right now with all the rain we've had, the water is a bit murky. Here's pic of the Fishtank room.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Attachments

• IMG_3867.jpg
    IMG_3867.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 2,922
Very good, I would like to see each of your tanks if you can be bothered to take photos?

Very good, I would like to see each of your tanks if you can be bothered to take photos?
Hello. Okay. I can do that. Thanks for asking. Here is my 100 gallon trough. It has roughly 12 large Goldfish. Had to have a home for some of my larger fish and couldn't find a glass tank that was 100 gallons at the time I needed it. This trough was way cheaper! It gets large, weekly water changes, of course.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Attachments

• IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I can tell from my own experience that having a fishroom is just great...
I do have to say that I'm glad to live overhere. For in general, in our country we use mostly hard materials for floors and walls. So, both walls and floors can handle high weights without any problems. And yes, tanks with water in it, do weigh a lot...

I see entries for Tank of the Month contests… nuff said.

Last edited:
Hello. Here's a photo of a 75 gallon tank that's been running for a few years. It has a large number of female Guppies and a couple of small males and several adult Goldfish that started as feeders some years ago. The Guppies are quite old over two years and are from countless generations ago. I started with female Guppies in a 30 gallon tank in around 2006. So who knows how many generations of Guppies there have been in my various tanks. I start my new tanks with them and dose bacteria starter and just start changing a lot of water a couple of times a week to start. The Guppies all seem to be fine with that process.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Attachments

• IMG_3876.jpg
    IMG_3876.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
It looks nice, clean and tidy but in my experience, carpets in fishrooms never last long. They get wet and turn mouldy. A better covering for floors in fishrooms is rubber mats made from used car tyres. They insulate the floor, can be taken outside and hosed off, and can reduce the chance of you being electrocuted because they insulate you from the floor.

It looks nice, clean and tidy but in my experience, carpets in fishrooms never last long. They get wet and turn mouldy. A better covering for floors in fishrooms is rubber mats made from used car tyres. They insulate the floor, can be taken outside and hosed off, and can reduce the chance of you being electrocuted because they insulate you from the floor.
Hello Colin. Fortunately, I've never spilled much water. The basement is a one foot thick and eight feet tall concrete foundation for the house and is naturally insulated by the ground. The temperature stays at a pretty constant 72 degrees all year. I don't have to heat any of my tanks, except for the tank/pond outside. The electrical could be an issue, I guess, if I had a crack in one of the tanks. But, in 17 years, that's never happened.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello. Another tank in my Fish Room or Tank Room or whatever. This is an old 60 gallon tank I bought from a guy who was selling stuff out of his garage. Wasn't a garage actually, because he was just selling the tank and couple of other odds and ends from the tank, that's all. Have never seen a 60 gallon in stores. Can't recall how long ago I set it up, so it's been up a while. Has a couple of Goldfish, some really old White Skirt Tetras and some Guppies.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Attachments

• IMG_3874.jpg
    IMG_3874.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 25
Hello. Here's a tank you won't see very often. This is a 52 gallon tank with a sponge filter and an other filter using a land plant to filter out most of the nitrogen. This is another tank I have in my Fish Tank Room.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 23
Hello. Wanted to add another tank to the Fish Tank Room List. Here's a 55 gallon that been running for several years. Plants have essentially taken over this one. Has mostly Guppies, Red Eyed and Buenos Aires Tetras. Can't really find them most days. Too much plant growth. Fish like it though. There's so many hiding places. I clean the sponge filter and change half the tank water every week and feed just a little. Takes 45 minutes a week.

Oh, it's the top tank in the picture.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Attachments

• IMG_3875.jpg
    IMG_3875.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 22

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back