Got My Macro Lens Back (crab Update)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

three-fingers

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
A bit rusty with it (not that I had long enough time with it to get good in the first place), but my macro lens finally got back from being repaired at Olympus, so I've taken some pics from my shrimp tank to celebrate :).

First off, Sagittaria subulata flowers:
P1090851Large.jpg

Here's a male flower:
P1090854Large.jpg

Here's a female flower:
P1090857Large.jpg

I never got HC to stay down in the substrate (snails/shrimp kept digging it up), but it's growing very nicely as a carpet on top of my dwarf sag forest lol:
P1090855Large.jpg

The Limnophila aromatica was doing very nicely, though I recently removed it all to give the Rotala macrandra space to grow:
P1090620Large.jpg

Zebra nerite snail eating the little algae in the tank:
P1090858Large.jpg

Hillstream loach, have 4 of these little guys and love em:
P1090869Large.jpg

P1090925Large.jpg

Young male cherry shrimp (wild colouration) scratching it's butt while eating an algae wafer :rolleyes: :
P1090879Large.jpg

CRS:
3918365020_382751310b_b.jpg

P1090896Large.jpg

CRS riding a nerite:
P1090893Large.jpg

My reddest female cherry shrimp, with eggs:
P1090918Large.jpg

Little baby goldfish, who has grown a lot since I put him in there. An old man found it in his pond and gave it to me as thanks for IDing it:
P1090907Large.jpg

Great shots :hyper: Is that the same tank you had some orchid seedlings hanging from the top? Your plants and animals looking superb :good:

How long have you had the wild cherry shrimps? Just wondering what kind of colouration they throw out.

Cheers guys :).

Yep, same tank. Orchid seedling was moved elsewhere, but dried out when I went on holiday :(.

Had the wild cherries for 3 or 4 months now. They have mixed with the reds, but I still have half of my cherry shrimp that are pretty strong red, some browney-red and quite a few yellowish ones. Also there's at least one blue on there somewhere. I find having a mix more interesting than having just red, plus cherries arent exactly expensive so if I think they get too brown I'll just buy more red ones :).

Sorry about your orchid :( I like the wild cherries but unsure of how to shift the excess population (if it gets out of control). Doubt if LFS would take them or would they?

LFS get shrimp in extremely cheap, so you really wouldn't get much for them (maybe a packet or two of frozen food for a large batch), but I'm certain there would be one around that would take them (as algae eating shrimp).

Loads of people would take them if te price was cheap enough, and they can always be used as fis treats of you have the heart for it.

Update with crab pics, just because it's been so long since I've seen them out :rolleyes:. These guys are those Thai micro crabs, about 1cm wide including legs.

P1090955Large.jpg

220909Large.jpg

2209091Large.jpg

love the micro crabs. Saw them in a lfs a few months ago..........tempting.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back