Got my hands on a true albino oscar.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

rlamot0024

Reaction score
anyone have one of these or know how rare they are. I know i have never seen one previously

Attachments

• 20200809_111818.jpg
    20200809_111818.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 289
I know they were popular a while back for when they were 'painted' :/
Thats crazy i never hestd
I have never seen an all white one...

All of the “albino” oscars I have seen have some orange blotches on them.

How big is your tank? Pretty fish. :wub:

Hes in a 20 for now. Were moving in 2 weeks and hes getting rehomed to a 55. So its very temporary

I hate to be "that guy", but I'm seeing a lutino oscar. Note the black on the fins.

Your not that guy your just wrong. Theres not a hint of black anywhere on this fish. Your seeing the wires behind the tank

Fair enough. It must be the photograph or reflection. On my screen it simply looks like he's got black on the tips and rays of his dorsal, anal and caudal fins.

Hes on a 20 for now. Were moving in 2 weeks tho and he will be rehomed into a 55. So very temporary
Good, a 55g is the perfect size for one Oscar.

Your not that guy your just wrong. Theres not a hint of black anywhere on this fish. Your seeing the wires behind the tank
I agree with you, I don’t see any black on his fins. Healthy looking fish. :good:

Fair enough. It must be the photograph or reflection. On my screen it simply looks like he's got black on the tips and rays of his dorsal, anal and caudal fins.
Im not sure. Maybe im wrong. Ive never seen one like him tho. His eyes are even red. Im not an expert tho. I think he was listed as a snowwhite oscar

If you wanna call that black spots be my guest. Idc what you call him to be honest.
I’m just pointing them out. It’s weird that his eyes are red even though he has black but I suppose that just happens sometimes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back