Goody Goody: DARIO DARIO are GO

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I forgot to mention -

The profiles on Seriously Fish have orange boxes which contain things like suggestions for a filter for a tank of a specified volume. These orange boxes are ads for Amazon not part of the profile, so the tank volume in these boxes is Amazon's guess at the tank size.
I bloody hate Amazon and how it has become the overriding retailer for many things, even though it doesn't actually stock most of them but takes a commission from genuine retailers.
Jeff Bezos, with I think the largest private superyacht in the world, makes money from everyone then does naff all for his hardworking and stressed out staff. It was reported not too long ago that one of his delivery drivers was suffering from a heart attack but had to finish his deliveries before being allowed to visit hospital.

From what Byron wrote a while ago when I raised the subject, Seriously Fish needs the income Amazon provides to pay for the site. That's the way of the world these days.
I discussed this with Duncan the SF site admin. The bottom line is that this advertising pays for SF's existence. I never read these, as on principle I do not read any adds appearing on my PC screen. I think it is quite obvious where the SF text data ends and where the ad occurs, particularly as these ads are in orange/brownish boxes. @essjay explained this very well initially, and all of us can use common sense and work around them. The alternative of "user pay" would be prohibitive for most aquarists. Losing such an important resource that really has no equal is not a viable alternative.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back