Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
I haven't been on in a while. I just visited today to see what was going on with the forum. I'm not here to point fingers or blame anything on anyone - I just have a few things to say.

-I can't believe the forum was sold. You can't sell people. You can't sell friendships. You can't sell freely given experience.
-Secondly, I do not agree with what has happened to the members of this forum.
- Thirdly, since becoming a member here soo long ago this forum has always been here for me. Friendship, lots of information, connecting with other people ect. In fact, without this website I probably would have never met Tolak in real life, or Oldman and several others.

While I may still check in time to time, this forum is no longer a place for me. I appreciate all of the help given to me by the members over the years and wish you all the best.

I just joined the board about a week ago... so I don't know anyone involved, or what's going on, but it sounds like you knew what you were doing.. Best of luck to you. Wish you the best.

I haven't been on in a while. I just visited today to see what was going on with the forum. I'm not here to point fingers or blame anything on anyone - I just have a few things to say.

-I can't believe the forum was sold. You can't sell people. You can't sell friendships. You can't sell freely given experience.
-Secondly, I do not agree with what has happened to the members of this forum.
- Thirdly, since becoming a member here soo long ago this forum has always been here for me. Friendship, lots of information, connecting with other people ect. In fact, without this website I probably would have never met Tolak in real life, or Oldman and several others.

While I may still check in time to time, this forum is no longer a place for me. I appreciate all of the help given to me by the members over the years and wish you all the best.
sad to see you go 12.
we can ill afford to loose people like you.
All the best :good:

I agree Raptorrex. People still need help and advice with there fish.

Shame to lose you Kribensis but its your choice...

Whats happened with the forum? I'm not here too regular, but i haven't noticed anything different. Pardon my ignorance.

Read the rest of this Announcements section mate, it has seriously been hashed out in posts over and over again...

I'm really dissapointed in all this, im a new member and i love this forum. But locking the topic about P@H because it could have legal implications is just wrong.

This is a community that more than any other should be discussing this, not stopping people.

Again really really dissapointed

There was a case, I forget the exact details, where people posting on a forum said some things about a company that it objected to. So they sued the forum owners. It's been quite a while now since 'shop bashing' threads started being closed in fear of the shop suing this forum's owners.

I haven't been on here for some months either as I didn't get any replies on my questions anymore. The loss of so many experienced and beloved people like Liz, Colin, OldMan, Ian, Ludwig, just to name a few is serious. The fact that a community is being sold to commercial interests even more.

Five years ago, I started in this hobby and I have received great help from people on here, and I was happy to be able to give some of it back over the last few years. However, censoring and not being able to talk openly about good and bad stores anymore or where to get certain stuff I don't like at all.

I can now be found at a local Canadian forum which connects people (hint to the name, otherwise it will be deleted) where I am even allowed to make links to other forums if it serves the purpose of giving relevant information.

Thanks to all the people that have served this hobby for such a long time and hopefully we will keep in touch somehow!

But locking the topic about P@H because it could have legal implications is just wrong.

It would be great if people could always speak their minds everywhere on the web without the risk of lawsuits and other nonsense. However, that's not the reality. Whether it's right or wrong for it to be the case, if a website is seen as promoting/endorsing a particular viewpoint, it can have serious consequences for that website. That was the concern for the particular thread in question. I've been on a lot of other communities on the web (fish related and otherwise) and it's not an issue and mod/admin-level reaction unique to this site. People are always upset when something similar get attention through a locked or deleted thread, but it's just one of those unfortunate facts of web life.

There are plenty of other websites out there specifically for business reviews. Discussion praising/bashing specific companies is more appropriately directed towards those websites.

There was a case, I forget the exact details, where people posting on a forum said some things about a company that it objected to. So they sued the forum owners. It's been quite a while now since 'shop bashing' threads started being closed in fear of the shop suing this forum's owners.

It is a real risk on the web. Small sites can sometimes seem to do whatever they want in terms of these types of comments and even other things like copyright issues while being safe, but what is really the case is they haven't grown big enough or been unlucky enough to attract the attention of any lawyers. It is sad to watch sites get hit with bizarre legal threats and/or lawsuits over things that sometimes really seem like grasping at legal straws, but it happens.

Well... I think we have all said our thoughts and goodbyes, to prevent this thread from getting derailed, I am going to close it.

Dont feel you have to leave Kribensis12, you are much appreciated here, especially by those you could share advice with... still... I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back