Good Way to kill possible snail eggs on tank decor

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ellie11

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I bought two nice fake logs from a local FB guy. How can I make sure
5AB7AAD7-45D2-414D-92A6-26B56798DB98.jpeg
they don’t have snail eggs? Would soaking in hydrogen peroxide work? I hate bleach. Thanks

Don't use chemicals as you could inadvertently introduce that into the tank.
Chuck they logs into your tank and introduce 2 x assasin snails. Hey presto, no more pest snails.

I would soak them in hot water. Snail eggs rarely survive being dried out, in my experience.

I would soak them in hot water. Snail eggs rarely survive being dried out, in my experience.
Agreed...you could throw some salt into the water, for good measure...then rinse well before placing in your tank

Don't use chemicals as you could inadvertently introduce that into the tank.
Chuck they logs into your tank and introduce 2 x assasin snails. Hey presto, no more pest snails.
Hydrogen Peroxide is relatively safe because it breaks down into water and oxygen after 24 hours of contact with water. I always just rinsed things off thoroughly after disinfecting them. But if you wanted to be extra safe, you could leave whatever you disinfected to soak for 24 hours.
Some people do a bleach dip. Seachem Prime neutralizes chlorine bleach so soaking whatever you disinfected in water with a heavy dose of Seachem Prime would make that safe.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back