Good snails to clean the tank but look nice.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Big Boy Fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I need to make some sort of list of snails that are fairly large, breed-able and look exotic. When i say breed-able i mean something that doesn't breed so I have to restart my tank because they took over I have made a list at the moment that. contains rabbit snails and ramshorn. Im going on the weekend to all the fish shops in the area.
Thank you if you actually help.

You could also put in only one of several different kinds. 1 ramshorn, 1 rabbit, 1 mystery. I have one mystery snail is each of my tanks with nerites. The only snail breeding going on is in one tank that has some bladder snails that I can't get rid of (smashing several daily for months now and removing any eggs that I see)

My vote goes to horned nerite snails. They look cool and are excellent at consuming algae

My vote goes to horned nerite snails. They look cool and are excellent at consuming algae
Really any neeite snail but yes, horned nerites do look cool

i did not know that! very interesting... :D
Oh yah... Many fish will eat the ramshorn snails! My gudgeons don't eat the pond pr bladder snails they will only eat the ramshorns... So now I don't have any 🤣

Never saw one reach full size 🤣
I think they get half an inch to 3/4 of an inch maybe?? Idk
Actually most likely half inch MAX for ramshorn snails

The pest ramshorns in my tank, the ones that came as hitchhikers on plants, have never grown bigger than 1/8 inch. There are bigger species though, usually the species you have buy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back