Good router for gamers and Wi-fi.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ASUS AX11000 Gamer-WI-FI router. I've been up long hours over the past 2-days trying to understand this girl (Becky). It's been worth the bags under my eye's, especially the security settings.

20201124_095251.jpg

ASUS AX11000 Gamer-WI-FI router. I've been up long hours over the past 2-days trying to understand this girl (Becky). It's been worth the bags under my eye's, especially the security settings.

View attachment 123446
My parents would be like - “Wow, it glows”.

:rofl:

No seriously, awesome man! :good:

My parents would be like - “Wow, it glows”.

:rofl:

No seriously, awesome man! :good:

No problem, I reacted the same way. :banana1:Thanks, PK. A good purchase has it's own rewards. It was pretty cool how I got it too: The wife and family CFO knew I wanted it. She asked if it would further secure her work computer's. Of course I said, "Yes, oh God,YES!". I got it the same day she ordered it from Jeff Bezos.

The features are starting to shine. I've installed my VPN on the router successfully. I've been able to call an exception for a LAN computer that itself attaches to a company VPN to function properly. Sexy! The unit has one flaw, so far. After making configuration changes it's necessary to APPLY and REBOOT the unit. If not the changes may not function as they should. Which isn't much a flaw after all.

Anyway, more settings to play with. ;)

what security settings did you use?

what security settings did you use?

In general? There's a 3rd party app that's updated independently called Aiprotection a Trend micro product. It monitors for and stops potential attacks like DDOS runs, man-in-the-middle, blocks malicious sites, weeds out strange packets, stealths all vulnerable ports and their functions, etc. The router won't allow infected\compromised devices to join the LAN. The WiFi6 bands seem to be well-protected, but I'm still learning about that aspect. I use password manager which makes the unit more secure, in and of itself. Let me know if you want info on something specific.

This upgrade is done, now that the unit is properly configured. This may be just my perspective, but the sense of security inherent in having a unit like this inline is fabulous. When you consider the varied threats out there we all need to take every measure we can to avoid potential issues.

Take care guys and safe computing to you all! :good:

What kind of games do you play? can it runs something like ray tracing?

Mostly FPS games. Borderlands 3 right now in a brutal mode I just dicovered. My video is ray trace compatible, but the only game I have with it is Cyperpunk 2077.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back