Good Price? What Else Would I Need?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rorie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have been looking at all my options for getting my first marine tank. I am thinking i could get one from ND aquatics (link below) which means i can have a new tank, with a sump, and i can buy the other equipment online, prob second hand for a start.

But what else do i need?

I don't want to buy the plumbing from them as it seems overly expensive. I guess all i need is a line from the weir to one side of the sump, then a line from the pump back into the aquarium?

http://www.ndaquatics.co.uk/?pg=details&ii=14

Also, i have seen a Red Sea Max 130d nano for #250.  It doesn't have live rock or anything.  Assuming all is well with the tank, is this a good price second hand?

Buy the Red sea, It comes with everything to run a marine tank, Where is the ND one you need a lot of stuff to get it going.

If you are willing to pay for the red sea, As I said grab it. Great starter tank and user friendly.

Yeh thats what i was thinking.  I guess #250 is a good price given they are #700 new?

Yea, Not a bad price. Can get them with live rock and all that jazz, But I'd rather get a empty one, Then you can learn from the start!

Cool.

slightly off the track, but, if i were to go on holiday for say 2 weeks, will the tank be ok?  I know tropical can last a week no bother, and with an automatic feeder it can last a few weeks…..but how about marine?

I don't really have the ability to have somebody coming round as i live in the middle of nowhere!  So is there a way around it?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back