Good Place To Buy Cherry Shrimp?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lozronz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi!
Does anyone know a good source to buy Cherries from? I'm reluctant to pay like 3.50 each and 15 postage and packing when I know that they breed like wild fire, do not travel well and half the time you don't end up with true coloured Cherries.

Cheers,
Having had a pretty thorough look now that does seem to be the cheapest in the uk but I did come across this German site and found these cushy little critters but I don't know if they would be illegal to keep in the uk cos of the crayfish thing.

http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/services/S179...2a9608e565b28e7

They will import to the uk I believe. Does anyone know anything about them?

I haven’t kept aglea (sp) but it is legal to import them there is a guy screen name fatboy who keeps them his avatar has one on it. Yeah cherries breed like crazy, they do travel well and people do import them from Germany. You do have to be careful as many shops sell them mixed with other related species and wild types, the ones with the wild genes have green eggs while the red colour morph have only yellow eggs.

Sweet! Cheers bud!

I cannot find a single bit of information on keeping Aglea and the firefox translator is so literal I have no idea what their particulars are but I'm definitely interested. Anyone have any useful links?

I did come across this German site and found these cushy little critters but I don't know if they would be illegal to keep in the uk cos of the crayfish thing.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Howdy,

That's an Aegla in my avatar, bought from the site you mentioned. They're legal in the UK as they're not crayfish (they're Anomurans like hermit 'crabs').

Most of the info on them is in Spanish as they're a big fly-fishing bait for trout. If you search for 'pancora' or 'pancoras' you'll find some stuff but nothing helpful about keeping them. The short text on the interaquaristik.de site is about as much as anyone has published on keeping them. I've mentioned them on www.shrimpnow.com but mostly that just repeats what interaquaristik say:
http://www.shrimpnow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510
(pretty much waht's on crayfishmates)

Wirbellose.de, the fantastic german invert site, has some text too:
http://www.wirbellose.de/arten.cgi?action=show&artNo=295

Here's some of my photos:
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q156/shrimpsandstuff/

All that's vital to know is that they need cool water and lots of oxygen. They'll dig up plants while sifting for food and are MUCH more active when they have plenty of hiding places to dash off to when alarmed.

Hope that helps. Incidentally, I've had good experiences buying from Interaquaristik. They speak English if it's easier to order by phone.

I ahev just purchased 8 of these shrimp of gogosnals off ebay.. i hope they arrive safely .. hopefully on FRIDAY as I am in all day!

I ahev just purchased 8 of these shrimp of gogosnals off ebay.. i hope they arrive safely .. hopefully on FRIDAY as I am in all day!

There was another guys selling them cheaper than gogosnails and they were a mix of males and females unlike the all female batch I got from gogosnails.Hes not got any for sale at the moment though.

They do breed like mad though, im constantly finding new babies.

thanks ~T~ :good:

I hope GoGosnails ones arrive Okay.

He told me they wouyld arrive today but as of yet they are not here and the normal postlady has already been :S

Hope they are okay.

I was hoping for a mixed batch of males and females for my tank.. does he always only send out females?

MSG

thanks ~T~ :good:

I hope GoGosnails ones arrive Okay.

He told me they wouyld arrive today but as of yet they are not here and the normal postlady has already been :S

Hope they are okay.

I was hoping for a mixed batch of males and females for my tank.. does he always only send out females?

MSG

I just purchaed 80 cherry shrimp and will be placing them in a large brreding tank so expect a few to be vailable in the future once I hit about 200 :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back