Good news in California

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Synastic

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I didn't know this, but glofishes are banned in the state of California :nod: (that's one thing at least California is doing right lol.) I found this article while doing research.

GM fish supplier tries again in California
Yorktown Technologies, the distributor of the genetically modified GloFish, is asking California authorities to reconsider their ban on the sale of GM fish in the state.

The transgenic fish, which glow under blacklight thanks to a gene inserted from a coral, have gone on sale across the USA with little legislative restriction, but the state of California banned the fish citing ethical concerns.

Alan Blake, Chief Executive of Yorktown Technologies told the Mercury News: "We're going to give them an update and let them know what's going on, then it's up to them to decide. We're really just trying to keep a dialogue going with them."

Here's the link as well Article and other articles

Hi Synastic :)

Very interesting development. :nod:

Thanks for keeping us up to date. :D

Sorry no hamster but how about a glow-in-the-dark rabbit?

Oh ya... they look so natural. They are almost like a cherry barb right?
glowfish.jpg

Thanks Auratus for posting that picture. I had one up, but I don't know what happend so I had to edit it. :dunno:

Addressing: The FISH made me do it!. (I don't speak for everyone, but) It's not that we have anything against the fish itself. We are against the companies and people that produce those fish. They are not natural fishes. Those fish are beautiful without those genetically engineer colors and or injected dyes. How would people like it if they were genetically engineered or injected people with dye? It's painful for the fish and or it causes them great stress. So by buying those fishes you are telling the companies and people, it's okay to make them. That's why I am happy my state has a ban on them, and that's my 2 cents. :nod:

Synastic said:
Thanks Auratus for posting that picture. I had one up, but I don't know what happend so I had to edit it. :dunno:

Addressing: The FISH made me do it!. (I don't speak for everyone, but) It's not that we have anything against the fish itself. We are against the companies and people that produce those fish. They are not natural fishes. Those fish are beautiful without those genetically engineer colors and or injected dyes. How would people like it if they were genetically engineered or injected people with dye? It's painful for the fish and or it causes them great stress. So by buying those fishes you are telling the companies and people, it's okay to make them. That's why I am happy my state has a band on them, and that's my 2 cents. :nod:
Well done Synastic, well done :clap:

Its bad enough that ppl mess around w/ these fish, but also most petstores don't educate the customers about how they get this way witch leads to more ppl buying them and more of the fish being altered....

8) Thank you for appreciating my 2 cents, drobbins. I wanna thank all the little people, because without you I wouldn't be here. :rofl:

Synastic said:

Addressing: The FISH made me do it!. (I don't speak for everyone, but) It's not that we have anything against the fish itself. We are against the companies and people that produce those fish. They are not natural fishes. Those fish are beautiful without those genetically engineer colors and or injected dyes. How would people like it if they were genetically engineered or injected people with dye? It's painful for the fish and or it causes them great stress. So by buying those fishes you are telling the companies and people, it's okay to make them. That's why I am happy my state has a ban on them, and that's my 2 cents. :nod:
I don't support these fish in any way at all. I think it's plain wrong.

However I did want to point something out: "How would people like it if they were genetically engineered or injected people with dye?" Know anybody with a tatoo? :)

Lol, j/k, I know people have a choice to get a tatoo, just thought it was funny.

scott1000 said:
Synastic said:
Thanks Auratus for posting that picture. I had one up, but I don't know what happend so I had to edit it.  :dunno: 

Addressing: The FISH made me do it!. (I don't speak for everyone, but) It's not that we have anything against the fish itself. We are against the companies and people that produce those fish. They are not natural fishes. Those fish are beautiful without those genetically engineer colors and or injected dyes. How would people like it if they were genetically engineered or injected people with dye? It's painful for the fish and or it causes them great stress. So by buying those fishes you are telling the companies and people, it's okay to make them. That's why I am happy my state has a ban on them, and that's my 2 cents.  :nod:
I don't support these fish in any way at all. I think it's plain wrong.

However I did want to point something out: "How would people like it if they were genetically engineered or injected people with dye?" Know anybody with a tatoo? :)

Lol, j/k, I know people have a choice to get a tatoo, just thought it was funny.
I had a feeling someone was going to say that and his name-o is (drum roll please
:band: ) : Scott1000. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back