Good news, I was able to buy some anacharis today

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Went to the LFS today and was able to buy some anacharis,:yahoo: They received a small shipment of plants but there was some anacharis. I bought some and have it in a plastic container. I added some flourish comp. It was not as dark a green as what they have had in the past and the plants are smaller. There was not much there but at least it is a start.

Attachments

• GEDC1477.JPG
    GEDC1477.JPG
    349.5 KB · Views: 154
Congrats! Make sure you get those things in heated water fast - you don't want them adapting to a cold water environment, and then melting when you put them in your tank.

The light green color is normal for new plants, or plants that have been "stressed out". (When I say that, I basically mean plants that have been removed from the environment they were raised in)

I stopped by a bicycle store too and they had almost no bicycles. Only two 10 speed touring bikes and less than 10 bikes altogether. The owner told me because of C-19 he has a hard time getting any bicycles. I wanted to buy a new one to start riding again but he advised me to wait until next year because of the shortage and the high prices it caused. I ended bring in my old 10 speed in for repairs and he said he has a hard time even getting parts. Most of his business is repairing and selling old bikes which are also in short supply. I will know in a week if he will be able to fix my old bicycle. We had 2 bicycle stores now there is only one open.

Congrats! Make sure you get those things in heated water fast - you don't want them adapting to a cold water environment, and then melting when you put them in your tank.

The light green color is normal for new plants, or plants that have been "stressed out". (When I say that, I basically mean plants that have been removed from the environment they were raised in)
I will make sure I do that, Thanks

I stopped by a bicycle store too and they had almost no bicycles. Only two 10 speed touring bikes and less than 10 bikes altogether. The owner told me because of C-19 he has a hard time getting any bicycles. I wanted to buy a new one to start riding again but he advised me to wait until next year because of the shortage and the high prices it caused. I ended bring in my old 10 speed in for repairs and he said he has a hard time even getting parts. Most of his business is repairing and selling old bikes which are also in short supply. I will know in a week if he will be able to fix my old bicycle. We had 2 bicycle stores now there is only one open.
Thats funny... I actually just fixed up my dads old trail bike. It has a ton of gears that help when you are riding up hill. It actually rides pretty good on gravel, so I have been riding on my road some. Also, I have been riding at the park - it's a really good exercise. :nod:

Went to the LFS today and was able to buy some anacharis,:yahoo: They received a small shipment of plants but there was some anacharis. I bought some and have it in a plastic container. I added some flourish comp. It was not as dark a green as what they have had in the past and the plants are smaller. There was not much there but at least it is a start.
Congrats!! Wish I could send you some of mine its taking over! They probably didn't have it under a good full spectrum light or dose ferts so its a bit lifeless but it'll soon fill out and darken :good:

Congrats!! Wish I could send you some of mine its taking over! They probably didn't have it under a good full spectrum light or dose ferts so its a bit lifeless but it'll soon fill out and darken :good:
Mine is to, lol. And just think how much more they would grow if I added fertilizers...:whistle:

I've got tons of the stuff too! Grows like crazy and I keep having to take clumps out. I've got it in a tub with water at the moment so if anyone in the UK is struggling to get any I'm happy to post it to you

I've got tons of the stuff too! Grows like crazy and I keep having to take clumps out. I've got it in a tub with water at the moment so if anyone in the UK is struggling to get any I'm happy to post it to you
Same here, any UK folk want any just shout

I bought another bunch of Anacharis last week.

But by yesterday, almost all were dying...weather is too warm here...

I went again to the fish store where I bought the Anacharis today.
But to my amazement, the Anacharis at the fish store are all still healthy.
They even put a few plants in some of the fish tanks and they are growing healthily with dark green colour.

I asked the store owner how she managed to keep them so healthy.
She told me not to put directly under fresh tap water but I must use aged/overnight water and with anti-chlorine.
I am very surprised...and I wonder is it true..
To me, it doesn't make sense...

Anyway, I bought another bunch of Anacharis again as it costs only USD 1 or 80 cents per bunch depending on the shops.
I will test out her theory to see whether is it true...
I used some water from a bucket which I have kept overnight with anti chlorine.
I will observe for the next few days until next week.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back