FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thank you for the advice. I will contact the people selling the 55 and see what they say. I am just not very good at judging wear and tear (and haven't really looked up prices on kits and new tanks).

I can already tell you a 55 will cost more than that for sure at least for here. I don't know anything about the famed dollar per gallon sale however.

Neither, I buy all my tanks second hand and they really only need a little TLC. How those one acquire 8 free tanks?
Actually now that I think about it, I got 9 free tanks.

4 were from a friend of a friend. 29gal, 25 gal, 20 gal and 10gal. She used to breed angelfish and that paid for her to go to college. That was about 35 years ago for her. They had been sitting in an attic for about 15 years, so I did reseal them. That have some scuffs and scratching but were all sound.

One 3 gal came from a neighbor who had a sick/dying betta in it. I took in fish and tank.

One was one of the regulars at the truck stop where I work. He was moving and didn't want the tank anymore. That is a 29 gal.

I got a 10 gal from a coworker. That had been sitting in a shed for about 10 years.

Another 10 gal is from the last day of a yard sale and the lady told me to just take it, because everybody was talking about putting goldfish in it and I had said I wanted a betta in it.

The last 10 gallon I just got that had my current rescued fish in it.

I can already tell you a 55 will cost more than that for sure at least for here. I don't know anything about the famed dollar per gallon sale however.
The dollar per gallon sale at the petco near me only goes up to 29, then they have 35-55 on sale at half price.

Can't comment on US pricing. As for fitting in a standard car best to check the measurements. Last time I hired a car in the US I asked for a small one and got given something that would have been fairly good as a troop carrier :dunno:and would have transported a small swimming pool.

No idea if they’re bargains price wise but if you’ve room for the bigger one then that’s the one for me. Your fish will thank you for it. Possibly.
I love the little yoyo loach. The only thing is that I will have to get measurements of the tank size.

Apparently, the owner thinks I live too far away for me to come pick up the fish tank. So that is a bust. I guess I will just have to save up until I can buy one new or another deal comes along. Wish me luck!

What difference does it make to the seller?
I have no idea. I have to argue enough with customers at work that I am not even going to try to talk to this person. I am just exhausted with people. I am just going to wait until I find one that is a better deal.

just tell him you will pay cash and be over in an hour. Just be sure it will fit in your car. Ask seller for exact dimensions. You're probably better off borrowing an Suv or van.

just tell him you will pay cash and be over in an hour. Just be sure it will fit in your car. Ask seller for exact dimensions. You're probably better off borrowing an Suv or van.
I don't get paid until the end of the week. I will just find something else. I will ask around in my relatives and see if they know of any tanks someone is looking to get rid of.

I don't get paid until the end of the week. I will just find something else. I will ask around in my relatives and see if they know of any tanks someone is looking to get rid of.
I love that you've got attached to the little guy and will be keeping him and getting him some friends! He couldn't have found himself in a better home. They're adorable little guys aren't they? And once he's with friends, you'll see whole new aspects of their behaviour too.

Don't rush to get a tank and wind up regretting it. He's already in a much better set up than before, so you have time to keep hunting for a bargain second hand tank. I'd take the fact that the seller is an ass as a sign that you need to wait and keep looking, because second hand tanks come up for sale all the time. 4-5 new ads come up per day in my area, and once someone wants rid of a tank as large as a 50 gallon, they're usually more keen to let it go for a good price just to get rid of it.

I buy second hand tanks too, nothing wrong with it!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back