FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So I was scoping around on the internet, craigslist specifically, and came upon a couple postings. There is a 55 with stand for $150 and it is 40 min away. The other one is a 46 gallon bowfront for $100 and it is 1 hr away. Which do you guys think would be the best deal? Also, do you think I could fit either in a standard car?

I was thinking about the singleton yoyo loach I rescued and getting him (and potential buddies) s new tank if I can't find him a home.

Not really too good of a deal for simply the tank. If they are longer than 1 metre it would be a good buy though. The 46 gallon bowfront is a good price. The 55 with a stand is also a reasonable price. It's a hard one for a second-hand tank, can you specify on the extras (if any) and condition.

The 55 iz in good shape,doesn't leak, and even looks clean. The 46 looks like the frame is a little worn where the lid and light sits, and they didn't specify if it leaks or not. I know bowfronts are prone to that.

This is one of the pics from the ad for the 55.

Attachments

• 00z0z_9KHMdnYdo9e_0uY0hq_600x450.jpg
    00z0z_9KHMdnYdo9e_0uY0hq_600x450.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 107
Hopefully, that isn't a fluorescent light fixture but the big HOB ain't bad (I couldn't tell you the model as I'm not American).
The biggest reason I look for 2nd hand stuff is that I really can't afford new. The only new tanks I bought were the 15 colomn and two 5 gallons. I have gotten the other 8 tanks for free.

The biggest reason I look for 2nd hand stuff is that I really can't afford new. The only new tanks I bought were the 15 colomn and two 5 gallons. I have gotten the other 8 tanks for free.

Neither, I buy all my tanks second hand and they really only need a little TLC. How those one acquire 8 free tanks?

Thank you for the advice. I will contact the people selling the 55 and see what they say. I am just not very good at judging wear and tear (and haven't really looked up prices on kits and new tanks).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back