Good Deal on Tanks?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The room they go in isn't that big though..
I know the footprint isn't that different, but it's the cost of it second hand... the 55g is $175 for tank, hood, stand, and a filter.
And then there's the other setups for $600.

I'd rather be able to take the 55g with me if I have to move..

And SK, you're not a bad person! I want the 90g too! ;) I'm just saying that I'm going to respect their decision, cos it is their house after all..

nc_nutcase said:
If space is the concern... all 3 tanks (55, 75, 90) are all four foot long tanks... so one really doesn't take up any more space than another. Also since you are studying Marine Biology at the University... it makes sense that you would be benefited by having a larger tank which you could make salt water if/when necessary. Making a 55 Gal saltwater is really more hassle than its worth (I have no clue if that’s true but I bet your grandfather would buy it :p ). It's really more an investment in your education than a hobby item... ;)
Not studying marine bio yet.. I have to switch schools to do that. Right now I'm still a history/law major.

It's the width of the tank, out from the wall that concerns me.. Like I mentioned in my last post, the room's kinda small.. It's a matter of what fits best and what is more cost effective.

Though I'm pricing new setups tomorrow.. :D Papa said we can always build our own stand and hood if I really want to, which will save money, and then maybe I can buy a 75g here instead.

First of all, you odnt if ya got that job yet :p .

Also, why pay that much? Ive seen deals that are wayyyy better than that, some people move and have to find a place for the tanks. Or just give up, and sell them cheap. Check the St. Catheirnes Standard. Always a couple good deals in there.

My 100g =

Tank with sump hole drilled +
Stand +
Heater +
Filter +
Accesories

$100 CDN.

Just took some searching, thats all.

--Dan

I've checked everything, Dan.. the 55g in Ottawa is the best I've found.
And I have someone on the inside at Marineland. :p Chances are I've got the job.

Besides.. don't forget Eric.. ;) He can cut me a deal at Petland.

DannyBoy17 said:
My 100g =

Tank with sump hole drilled +
Stand +
Heater +
Filter +
Accesories

$100 CDN.
Dan, that is just nauseating. I am simply vibrating with envy. What is that, $75 USD?

>.< I paid that much just for me and my dad's two 5-gallons. And those are horrible little acrylic things that run down the front when you overfill them.

SO envious...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back