Good deal on tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BleuTheBetta

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I was searching for a 5 - 10 gallon tank to up size my betta into (he is currently in a 2.5.) I found a great tank on a local website that I know to be trusted.

This tank is for sale for $30. I have $50 to spend, I would get more cartilage for this tank and cycle it properly before putting Bleu in it.
I'll leave a pic below with the stuff it comes with. It does look like it holds water quite nicely.
Should I get it? any help would be appreciated:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 4.07.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 4.07.09 PM.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 51
I was searching for a 5 - 10 gallon tank to up size my betta into (he is currently in a 2.5.) I found a great tank on a local website that I know to be trusted.

This tank is for sale for $30. I have $50 to spend, I would get more cartilage for this tank and cycle it properly before putting Bleu in it.
I'll leave a pic below with the stuff it comes with. It does look like it holds water quite nicely.
I've never bought a used tank.
Sounds like a good deal.
Blessings!

I've never bought a used tank.
Sounds like a good deal.
Blessings!
Everybody should look for used equipment. The worst that can come of it is a leaky tank and resealing a leaky tank is simple. Every aquarist should have that basic skill. You can find smokin’ deals on used gear. Sometimes it’s at giveaway prices.

That’s a great deal if they Mean cartridge as in the ones with carbon I would suggest getting bio rings instead on some sort of media to put in it instead if it’s possible

I wouldnt pay more than 2$/gallon on a used tank specially in north america us/canada
here's the perfect example of a used tank:
1672914367078.png

taken from kijiji.ca bowfront 30gal....
when you buy things near store value you just perpetuate the price of used tanks for nearly store value
and people need to understand...a tank is worth what it is because it's new...
once unboxed and used pufff...value gone
a good value is a dollar or 2 per gallon on a used tank...more than that? move on...
in canada you have kijiji/facebook
in the states you have offerup/facebook and maybe craigslist?
and in mexico...just get a mexican to build one...it's cheaper xD

Unfortunately many in the US think their used tanks will get them primo bucks and I have often seen 55 gallons used going for more than a new 75.
That seems like a fantastic deal for the tank plus bonus. I agree that you should ditch the cartridges for the filter and customize it with sponge and ceramic bio media. It's not hard to do at all.

Okay. I messaged them, they said it was still available and I’m going to pick it up Saturday. It is worth it to me because of all of the accessories. Thanks for all of the advice <3

Okay. I messaged them, they said it was still available and I’m going to pick it up Saturday. It is worth it to me because of all of the accessories. Thanks for all of the advice <3
Yes it is worth it like I said tho I would mod the filter wish bio rings and a sponge

Okay! I will definitely post it when I have it set up <3 thanks for all of your help!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back