Good Color Development

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
It looks like some of my male Black Ruby Barbs are starting to develop some nice colors. Is there anything I need to do in order for them to stay colorful, other than the usual WCs and food variety? In a 55 gallon community tank at the moment.

Attachments

• 20210327_160503.jpg
    20210327_160503.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210327_160454.jpg
    20210327_160454.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 81
A correct die is key to good color. What food do you feed now?

A correct die is key to good color. What food do you feed now?
Tubifex worms, brine shrimp, Spirulina bugbites flake, Sera spirulina tabs, and bugbites color enhance. I fast once a week and feed shelled blanched peas or blanched Cucumber slices.

varied diet and clean tank and filter.

the adult males turn black when showing off and fade a bit when not.

if you keep them in cooler conditions for a few months and then slowly raise the temperature, they colour up really well.

varied diet and clean tank and filter.

the adult males turn black when showing off and fade a bit when not.

if you keep them in cooler conditions for a few months and then slowly raise the temperature, they colour up really well.
So dialing back to about 73ish then back up to the 77°F I have now?

16-18C (61-64F) in winter and let it go up to whatever in summer.

16-18C (61-64F) in winter and let it go up to whatever in summer.
Hmm. That would require a big change in my set up. Since these barbs are okay at those temps, would they make okay tank mates for a pair of fancy goldfish? I have a 90 gallon planned for next month of 2 fancies, a shoal of WCMM and 3 dojo loaches. My apartment doesn't usually go below about 70° even in winter.

Good maintance and a good quality varied diet will keep them healthy and coloured up nicely.

No need to change temp. Mine show beautifully at 77f.

Most reactions

trending

Back