Good Betta fish food

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Creepy the Crayfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I recently bought a betta fish and once I got home I realized badly I had chosen when they are in the little cups you can't see them very well the one I had chosen had swim buoyancy problems and could only float at the top of the fish tank but it was also EXTREMELY thin. The first few days it wouldn't move and I thought it was going to die. Two weeks later its buoyancy is back to normal and is eating properly and has put on a little bit of weight but is still lethargic. Does anybody know good fish food that will help it gain weight quickly? (Sorry about the intro didn't know if it was important or not)

New Life Spectrum Betta Food is great but you usually have to order it online. Omega One micro pellets are also good. Be sure to feed a variety to your betta. Frozen blood worms once a week are good and help fatten a fish up. If your fish has problems staying afloat he could have swim bladder issues or could simply be constipated. During those times, feed the betta a blanched, peeled pea and fast him for a couple of days. That will help him poop. Overfeeding can cause constipation. Better to feed twice daily and only a few pellets at a time. Stay away from flakes as they can cause a fish to bloat. Let us know if you have other questions.

Thanks I was just wondering because I do feed him omega micro pellets and mosquito larvae but it's gotten to the time of the year were I can't find any thanks for your advice though!!!

Thanks I was just wondering because I do feed him omega micro pellets and mosquito larvae but it's gotten to the time of the year were I can't find any thanks for your advice though!!!
Fluval Bug Bites are high in protein. Buy a bottle of those.

Last edited:
Well my betta won't eat the dried worms. There are these bugs in a cup would my betta and my corys eat those?

Well my betta won't eat the dried worms. There are these bugs in a cup would my betta and my corys eat those?
Are they dried? What brand? I hate to say something about a product I know nothing about. Does it say how much protein? Fluval Bug Bites have a lot of protein. Can you order them?

One other great Betta food is Northfin’s Betta bits. Lots of good ingredients. I also feed him freeze dried bloodworms a couple times a week. He gobbles them up.

I too use Northfin betta food. He gets either blood worm, daphnia or brine shrimps as well, once a week.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back