Good and Bad

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

macpegg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Bought a corel the other day, and placed it the tank, 2 days later i just sat watching.. Then i saw this centipede looka like, like a light Orange.. Is the a good or a bad thing?

what type of coral is it? I have a hammer euphilia whch has a "centipede" type worm living in or very near it. you can some times see it at night with a torch. up till, its not done any damage to the coral or any other coral for that matter. just keep an eye on the coral. If it closes down, then it could be to do with the worm in which case it may be better to get it out. probably just a harmless brislte worm..................unless you got clams :ninja:

ste :)

This same worm, like centipede thing, was seen by me at a fish alive in durham, and he had about 10 hiding when he decided to clean the tank, he reckons that they were bad, but they looked so defensless, and he took em out and binned them. It only comes out every so often, and usually stays in the rock. I don`t relayy want to get rid of it if its doing nothing it should`nt be. Thought i found it in a corel, but remebered i found it in a piece of rock that i bought, with things sprouting from it, apparantly these things are bad for a setup also, these are like mushroom stems, with tenticles cuming from the body, and are kinda orangey/redy, colour.. i actually bought this as a live thing, and apparently its not good, so i`ve been told ive been ripped off.!!!

Mac It sounds like a plain old bristle worm, which are typically good.

The rock however sounds like aiptasia. IF this is the case, you need to get it out NOW! It spreads like wildfire and will cover everything in your tank.

GL

i was told that about the rock, damn, i paid 25.0 for that rock, also the same thing is another garden centre and its in there for the same price, these people must be clueless. aswell as me i should have checked. thx m8

if i purchase a peppermint shrimp, will this not devour them, as because if it has spread its load across the tank, they`ll be loads!!

peppermints are great for etting rid of small ones but once there large, only joes juice may work and even this can struggle. I have a peppermint in my reef and I have never had aptasia. as soon as a new rock goes in, the shrimp goes over it (usually at night) and strips any aptasia (and probably a load of good stuff but it does a job).

ste :)

nice!!! Apparently the orange worm like centipede thing, is a "tank nasty", and i should extract it, as it apparenty attacks sponges? is this the case? thx

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back