Goldfishes tail bitten off

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jeorgia04

Reaction score
My goldfishes tail was bitten off by a Black Moore. It has been about a week and it doesn't seem to be growing back. He can't swim properly and can't swim downwards. He also can't get his head to the top of the water so just isnt eating. The past day He has just been swimming in circles face down. The tail stub is now bent in one direction. I've tried putting him in a bowl where he can reach the bottom to get him to eat and have also tried had feeding him but he isn't interested. I moved him into a new tank the second I realised this had happened.

Attachments

• 20220521_001428.jpg
    20220521_001428.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220521_001426.jpg
    20220521_001426.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 34
I honestly don't know if he's saveable. he looks like he's suffering though. would you consider Euthanasia? for anyone who reads this feel free to put me in check.

I was thinking the same its heartbreaking watching him like this. I just didn't want to do I if there was hope for him.

My goldfishes tail was bitten off by a Black Moore. It has been about a week and it doesn't seem to be growing back. He can't swim properly and can't swim downwards. He also can't get his head to the top of the water so just isnt eating. The past day He has just been swimming in circles face down. The tail stub is now bent in one direction. I've tried putting him in a bowl where he can reach the bottom to get him to eat and have also tried had feeding him but he isn't interested. I moved him into a new tank the second I realised this had happened.
Yea it doesn’t seem too good, if you do decide to euthanize him, clove oil would work good. I’m not sure on how it works but someone on here probably will

Would it hurt him too much to leave him for tonight and think about it in the morning? I just dont feel ready but also don't want him to be in torturous pain

I’m really not sure, It is really your call and if you feel like he is suffering too much, I came on here around a month ago for my guppy that I later found out was attacked, and they suggested clove oil to euthanize or salt to try to help it heal, but he only survived around another 10 minutes, but if he has been like that for around a week already, waiting the night might be ok, but again it is your call if you feel it’s right

Thank you for everyone's replies. I have euthanized Donut with clove oil as I bought it yesterday just incase. Thank you
Sorry for your loss:confused: I just lost one of my gouramis today after one of my neons got ick, it is not lookin to good as all of the neons have ick now and some are floating around weird.

Sorry for your loss:confused: I just lost one of my gouramis today after one of my neons got ick, it is not lookin to good as all of the neons have ick now and some are floating around weird.
Man today is really not a good day I just came to my tank and now 2 neons are dead with the others almost dead:-( I really hope my pleco survives, I’ve almost had him for a year

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back