Goldfish tumor?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Erikas

Reaction score
Hi guys, my blackmoor has a lumo/cyst growing on his back (see attached picture) it is a slow growth and I has been growing for last 6months or so. Started from raised scale and now looks like a bump?
Could you please confirm diagnosis and what can be done about it?
Please see the link of the pic
https://ibb.co/hZRPnhb

We can’t answer that without a biopsy. It could be Lymphocystis but it doesn’t have the cauliflower look that comes with it. It does look more like a tumor. If it bursts eventually then you know it’s a cyst. Lymphocystis lumps do burst but they usually grow back and more develop. Fish can still live. Secret is to keep stress down. It was once believed that goldies didn’t get Lymphocystis but that belief is changing with research.

Not much, I’m afraid. You can take it to an aquatic vet if you can locate one in your area.

So what is the progression of this disease? Will it grow and pop at some point? What to look after for?

I have one with Lymphocystis. It grew and popped. I swabbed it with methylene blue. After about 2 months it started growing back again. It has not popped again and has been back for about 5 months. He now has a smaller one starting but he does fine. I think the first time it took about 6 months before it popped.
EE359271-A6F7-4D36-A061-8D4BA6859EB3.jpeg

I see, so best course of actions is just to do nothing and reduce stress. Do tumors tend to pop?

Tumors, no. Lymphocystis and cysts can pop. Just keep water clean and stress down. Mine has been going strong with it for about a year now. He does just fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back