Goldfish tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
G

Guest14017

Recently bought 2 goldfish from an Asian shop for this tank... One quickly fell ill and died. Showed a lot of signs of parasites. This one seems okay. Few signs of parasites. Gonna treat him for them and hope he does well. He is eating well and does not seem at all sickly like the other one. If he does not do well though - I will stick with tropicals indoors. I was prepared to upgrade the tank when needed for 2 goldies... But there is just one now so he has enough space.

How big is that tank?

Goldfish are notoriously harder to keep than tropicals, simply because they need much more space and lots of plants to be happy. They aren't as dumb as many believe them to be and, with proper care, they can live for many, many years.
It's good that your fish is eating, but you'll need to keep on top of that waste.
Think about adding aeration, to increase the water oxygenation.

Oh yeah...sounds like your pooch wants a walk! :D :D

The plant to the far right is real - the goldfish is eating it. The one in the middle is obviously a decoration. The bamboo plant to the left is real as well. The tank is JUST setup. It is a 20 gallon LONG on a 29 gallon tank stand.

I have owned fancy goldfish for many years. I have quite a few healthy ones that I have had for several years outside in a pool. I know about these fish and love them. There is an airstone behind the fake plant. I also will be adding another filter. Goldfish, especially fancies... Are WAY harder to keep than tropicals. I do know this. They do not need lots of plants because they just eat them. I may get a few anubias plants for him.

The tank is fully cycled and has a bamboo plant. The nitrates are around 5 ppm. Very low. Zero water quality issues. Imported fish can just come with problems sometimes. I will vacuum up all the green poo a bit later.

Oh and Nigredo (the barking dog) is fat and hates walks. He is a nuisance barker and got an OMG BE QUIET!!!!! after the video was over.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back