Goldfish health

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was at petsathome buying a proper tank and two friends for my goldfish rescue. Hoping to cheer him up. Saw this on the shelf:

Composition: Disodium dihydrogen ethylenediaminetetraacetate, Sodium hydroxide, Non-hazardous ingredients.

Is anyone familiar with these components?

Box says if the fish looks sad or lethargic, to use it for general disease control... Wondering if I should. I'll see how he does with his two new companions and set up, but want to be prepared if he doesn't improve in a week to try something else.

I was at petsathome buying a proper tank and two friends for my goldfish rescue. Hoping to cheer him up. Saw this on the shelf:

Composition: Disodium dihydrogen ethylenediaminetetraacetate, Sodium hydroxide, Non-hazardous ingredients.

Is anyone familiar with these components?

Box says if the fish looks sad or lethargic, to use it for general disease control... Wondering if I should. I'll see how he does with his two new companions and set up, but want to be prepared if he doesn't improve in a week to try something else.
No. Don't use the medication. The best thing for it is good clean water and a proper set up.

You should not 'shotgun' medications.

Can you post a a pic of the fish?
What is the tank size, how often and how much water do you change?
What filter are you using?

Don't waste your money on it. If you already bought it, return it and say your partner/ friend bought some too and you don't need both containers.

As mentioned above by Connorlindeman, the best thing for fish is clean water, good filtration and a varied diet. If you want to add anything to treat minor infections, use salt (sodium chloride) but only do it if the fish has a health issue. Otherwise just do big daily water changes and gravel clean the substrate.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back