Goldfish Has A Tiny Bit Of Black On Its Tail!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
without any more details how can we possibly answer that
however the natural colour of a goldfish is black and they can and often do change colour as they age.

without any more details how can we possibly answer that
however the natural colour of a goldfish is black and they can and often do change colour as they age.

well what do you want to no that will help?

yes they change color and its normal my goldfsih has black on its tail its normal

also, what size tank is the goldfish in? you could possibly be seeing ammonia burns

if the tank is too small, ammonia builds up very quickly due to the amount of waste goldfish produce. . . in general the filter for a too small tank cannot keep up, ammonia builds, and fish can get "burned" from it

also, what size tank is the goldfish in? you could possibly be seeing ammonia burns

if the tank is too small, ammonia builds up very quickly due to the amount of waste goldfish produce. . . in general the filter for a too small tank cannot keep up, ammonia builds, and fish can get "burned" from it

that may be the problem, any way hes moving to a bigger tomorrow so see if that helps!

well what gallon size is he in now, and what gallon size is he moving in to?

also what type of goldfish is he?

if he is a fancy, meaning double tailed, you need a minumum of 20 gallons for one goldfish, and 10 gallons for each additional goldfish.

if he is a standard, meaning single tailed, this is a pond fish and not suitable for a home aquarium.

well what gallon size is he in now, and what gallon size is he moving in to?

also what type of goldfish is he?

if he is a fancy, meaning double tailed, you need a minumum of 20 gallons for one goldfish, and 10 gallons for each additional goldfish.

if he is a standard, meaning single tailed, this is a pond fish and not suitable for a home aquarium.

think he's a fan tail

he was in a 15l, he is now in a 30l then will be going in a pond once i get tropical fish!

i got in from work and he was in 15l and kind leaning to one size, i panicked so got the 30l one decorated and put the 15l sponge filter in with the new 30l sponge filter and put him in, he started swimming properly once he got in the 30l tank.

was he resting agains the plants or is he critical?

hes swimming perfectly fine again now though.

30 liters?? WAAAY too small for a goldfish! You need atleast 75 liters for one goldfish

30 liters?? WAAAY too small for a goldfish! You need atleast 75 liters for one goldfish

so a 2" fish is too big for my tank?
Quite possibly, yes, remember that goldfish are messy creatures and will need decent filtration, what are your tank parameters?

new tank so ammonia 0 and nitrate 0, did a test 1 hour ago just after fish got in it.

old tank was ammonia 1.2 and nitrate was the fist colour on the scale!

Nitrate isn't the killer, nitrite is, nitrogen cycle is ammonia to nitrite to nitrate, if the filter is overloaded and you are relying on the bigger but new filter there may be a nitrite problem, something you need to check.

Nitrate isn't the killer, nitrite is, nitrogen cycle is ammonia to nitrite to nitrate, if the filter is overloaded and you are relying on the bigger but new filter there may be a nitrite problem, something you need to check.

yeah cheers,

ive posted in the other section for help in what test i need as i have some but not all!

cheers

Its a two inch fish bc its a baby....your fish is meant to grow large and quickly...it naturally produces a huge amount of waste. Your fish needs a much larger tank to be healthy. You wouldn't keep a st bernard puppy in a closet would you? No because you realize it needs room to grow because it is naturally a large animal.

Your fish's body is trying to show you that it is not in a suitable environment

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back