Goldfish gill problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mike N

Reaction score
Can anyone identify what this is on my goldfishes gill? Light pink almost meaty looking in lower gills.

Thanks!

02BF521E-E3B6-40AA-8F95-1705FAE5780D.jpeg

Any ideas out there? He now has a small red spot on his gill as well as the growth in his gill. Any ideas are very much appreciated. Sorry i cant seem to get a closer up picture.
E09CFF80-CA4B-4D6C-AEB9-F79EF100480B.jpeg

maybe a tumour.

the fish looks a bit skinny and a bit unwell. possibly deworm it and add more variety of foods including prawn.

Last edited:
Colin, thank you for the response. I cant seem to find a deworm medicine in the local stores. Hikari Prazipro is on Amazon, or would you recommend something else?
Bad pic so our fish looked skinny, hes really nice and chubby. Ill definately add prawn to his diet though.

thanks again!

Attachments

• A72B89A6-E879-45CE-9908-5F78F844B0B8.jpeg
    A72B89A6-E879-45CE-9908-5F78F844B0B8.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 20
See section 3 of the following link for treating fish for intestinal worms.
Praziquantel treats tapeworm.
Levamisole treats thread/ round worm.
Flubendazole does both types of worm (flat & round).

The fish looks skinny in the rear half of the body (between the stomach and tail). Plus the tail is drooping and the fish doesn't look happy.

Besides prawn make sure they get some plant matter. Goldfish need plants in their diet. You can use aquarium plants, Duckweed (a small floating plant), peas, pumpkin, zucchini, spinach, etc.
Make sure they are clean and free of chemicals. Peel them if possible and boil for a minute or so to soften them up.

thank you for all the info Colin. Ill definately do as you said.
AmyKieran he is in@ 40 gallon tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back