Goldfish and salt

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

silver

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I was wondering if it is alright to add a little aq. salt in with a goldfish??

*yells* RYAN....... ?? :fun:

Not sure silver
I dont think it would be a good idea,i dont think they would tolerate any salt but i may be wrong

a very low level of salt is present in all natural water sources. However I would think anything more than a tiny dose would be bad for them.

Ben

Salt is often used to help/aid parasitic infections, for example a salt dip. Some people also add it in low dosages to the aquarium in some cases to relieve stress or to promote healing etc. Personally I would only use it to help if the Goldfish has a parasitic infection as it has a positive affect on most common parasites. :)

Moved to Coldwater Fish and Ponds. :)

i sprinkle a handfull in the pond once in a blue moon ,i have used it as a treatment as well ,a quick in and out does the fish no harm as with low levels it dont hurt and can be beneficial ;)

I have goldfish and aquarium salt, very little. About 1 tsp per gallon is good for them. I don't constantly use it in my tank because I am afraid I will put in too much with the water changes. I put it in the tank maybe once a month to 6 weeks and it is slowly taken out with my weekly water changes.

Most reactions

Back