Golden Wonder Killi

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Sorry, but I have just a question or two more for ya BigC or anyone else that knows. How often will my killis breed? How many eggs do they usually lay when they spawn? I just got about 20 of them from my spawning mop, which I have removed. When should I put it back in again? (sort of tied to the first question)

The male will drive the female all the time therefore they will constantly lay eggs. My advice is to seperate the female from time to time to allow her some respite. Sometimes the male will harrass the female to spawn even to the point of killing her. The way to go is to provide a lot of dense (more strands) long mops for her to hide in. You can expect anything up to 20 eggs per day from a mature pair. After you have picked the eggs from the mop then place it straight back in and collect the eggs as you did before.
Regards
BigC

Sorry for more annoying questions :), but the eggs i harvested are doing well I think. one turned white which i assumed is fungus and have removed. The others are pretty darkly colored... is this the fish developing inside, or spoiled eggs? Thanks, hope this doesn't seem like a dumb question.

darkening or ripening of the egg usually indicates developing fry.

Chuka1212 said:

Hi,
Stupid question maybe but I have to ask.... "Are you sure you have a sexed pair"
Give me some info of your existing setup. including water stats.
Regards
Get a plant and allowed to float on the top, Fish love to say among floating plants.
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I thought the stinkin website was supposed to notify me of any replies, guess not. Anyways, yes I am almost positive I have a male and female, the male is way bright green with red, the other quite dull with very little red/green. My colorful one always harrasses the other one, so based on that behavior and the colors, I think I have a male and female... am I right?

My setup is a 10gal with gravel, and just a few low lying plants on the bottom, the temp is in the upper 70's, Ammonia 0, Nitrates & Nitrites 0, and pH of 8.4 (a bit higher than I would like). I don't have any spawning mops and am not sure how to make them, I noticed you posted a link to a site about mops but it appears to be a corrupt one. Thanks so much for the help by the way, I would really love to get some killi fry!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back