Golden Pearls

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sylvia

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of a gold pearl gourami? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find one...
Thanks!

I don't believe there are any golden pearl gourami in the aquatic trade. The only report of them was from a breeder in Florida who bred them in an outdoor pond, while they were being kept outside they had a distinct golden tinge to them, but after a few weeks of keeping them in tank inside they lost this golden tinge. Since they were only round for a very short time, there are few picture, if any! i'll have a look around and see if i can find some for you :)

I have seen heaps of pearl gourami being marketed as 'golden' but they are no different from the 'regular' ones.

Edit: Just to clarify, he was breeding regular pearl gourami on his ponds, not the gold form.

I dont know of any Golden Pearls, but the Golds I have are actualy a mix of Gold and Opalinetricogaster tricopterous sumatrous sp. They have more spots along the cadual and anal fin, with a orange\redish tinge to the body and pelvic fin instead of the normal golden colour.

Edit see : avatar

Yes I know about the golden trichogaster trichopterus. I was reffering to trichogaster leeri. I suppose they don't realy exist then... It was just out of curiosity cause I love pearls and was wandering what the gold ones might have looked like :) I have never seen any pearls marketed as being gold which just made me even more curious. Thanks to both of you though anyway...

Ah I see that you ment a gold varient of pearls. I thought you ment a cross of golds and a pearl, for example my golds are a cross of golds and opaline

Most reactions

Back