Golden Gourami - Gender?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My male gourami has round spots on his fins.
rolleyes.gif

Ninjouzata said:
Impossible! D: When I took this picture he was in the back of the tank squished between the bridge decoration and the wall. I think.
blink.png
Could you be mistaking it for one of my albino cories?

Thank you for the compliments! I'm wondering if it's a bit too crowded with decorations in there but the fish seem to like exploring all of it.
In the cute pic where the Gourami is facing the camera there is a little plec attached to the ornament 
smile.png

betta fish said:

Impossible! D: When I took this picture he was in the back of the tank squished between the bridge decoration and the wall. I think.
blink.png
Could you be mistaking it for one of my albino cories?

Thank you for the compliments! I'm wondering if it's a bit too crowded with decorations in there but the fish seem to like exploring all of it.
In the cute pic where the Gourami is facing the camera there is a little plec attached to the ornament 
smile.png

Oh!! I don't know why my brain decided you were referring to the FTS picture.
blush.png

Yeah lol! Actually I was taking a pic of the pleco, and after I finished I was happily surprised to see the gourami decided to give me a cute face in the pic as well!

No prob. And oh, observe that body bulge carefully. Try feeding it less and if the bulge remains the same then it is a female or at least, so they say

Unfortunately I can't think of a way to feed less.

I feed once a day, a shrimp pellet per cory & khuli loach, 8 cories, 5 loaches (3 died, hopefully will get more at some point), and a pinch (sometimes two 
blush.png
) of New Life Spectrum Small Formula Pellets for the 11 rummynose tetras & the gourami.

The rummynoses & gourami both join in on the shrimp pellets. And the algae wafer when I add it for my mystery snail & bristlenose plec.

I will keep an eye on the belly though. Not sure what I can do for it..is it extremely unhealthy? :(

Not unhealthy for a female, but for a male could be constipation. My gourami loves peas, which happens to help constipation.

Alrighty, still looking like a female to me from the fins & whatnot, but I can try a pea anyways! :) Thank you

hi Ninjouzata I have to gold gourami's one Is a female and the other one is male, the females are rounder in the belly and their top fin is attached to their body with the males it sort of comes of and is more free flowing the than females top fin I would say the photos of the one you posted is definitely a female hope this helps you out :) I have only had my 2 for a couple weeks they are really beautiful look like tigers!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back