Gold pike cichlid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Does anyone a site where i can get some info on this fish as i have just acquired one about 10" long lol :D

You all know i cant go to the lfs without buying a fish dont ya LMFAO ;) :laugh: :laugh: :p :laugh: :laugh:

:) Had a trawl round the usual sites pete and can't find it. Would need a pic or the correct id to get any further. :thumbs: Mac.

Many thanks for that like CM after looking on that site i have come to the conclusion that the fish i have is either..............

Crenicichla Proteus
or
Crenicichla Xingu (male)

Although im not 100% sure so when my m8 lends me his diggycam i'll post a pic of him for all to see and make up thier own minds lol ;) :laugh:

OK so sometimes even i get things wrong lol

My pike is actually a ........... Crenicichla johanna (male) :p :laugh:

He is feeding well on pellets, sprats and sandeel fillets and generally doing well :D

hey pete i just picked upa pair of what the lfs labled as "gold pike"and was wondering what you found out about yours,something good i hope.i got 2 coz the the last one :what: well didn't last,i found out why after i made the purchase(I found my new pike struggeling to get ot of the huuuge mouth of my goby)i think they learned to stay away from him :/ .anyway if you have any pics or a good site i can check out,i sure would appreciate the info. :hehe:
thanx

sam

Hey Most,
Check out the link titled "pikes" in the post above. That really is the best site going for pikes.

I agree with CM here as i have found no other sites that are any good on these fish either :what: :laugh: 8)

no wait a minute
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5491/xingu1page.html
i think i found it,it's the male above,the only difference is the color of their bodies(nose to start of tail)proly coz that one is an adult male.
now i have problem coz i thought these only got around 10"s and a 12 to 14" fish in my 90 w/a gt and a carpente is
:( :look: :hmm:
i'm overstocked again :blush:
:eek: :but:

Most reactions

trending

Back