Going on holiday, what do I do with my aquarium?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Animallover😍

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I took up the fishkeeping hobby around 1 year ago.
I am going on holiday for 12 days, and I have a high-tech 10g aquarium I need to sort out before leaving. I am leaving tomorrow so this is a bit last minute.
first question, I use a Chihiros A2, do the chihiros lights work when the phone is away? it does right? I am just checking, I really don't want to come back to an algae filled, dying plants aquarium.
The aquarium is fully cycled with high tech plants, Co2, etc. It has no fish yet because I have something wrong with the pH parameters.
second, what do I have to do to prepare it for the long period of no ferts dosing and wc's? I know it's only around 2 weeks so I'm thinking big wc before I leave and a big ferts dosing. I also have a second 6g aquarium which I am keeping my betta in temporarily, he's in a cycled qt tank. Should I do the same for him? Just big wc and little bit of food right?
Thanks everyone, any help will be appreciated.
p.s. is this in the wrong thread? I'm not sure which thread to put it in.
p.p.s. sorry I haven't been on the forum for a long time, I'm a bit busy at the moment, also I don't have a laptop I can use and my phone is a bit annoying to type.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back