Going on holiday, how long can fish last without food?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Have fun and rest easy that the fish will be just fine. When you get back, do a partial water change and feed them a treat like frozen brine shrimp. :)
Ok. I have a driver that comes in the mornings to water the plants... but I'm not going to tell him to feed my fish bcuz I'm worried might overfeed. We are leaving in 2 hrs. We had to rent another car coz a lot of the family is coming. We are going to explore the limestone caves. I'm super excited!!

I agree with what has already been said. Feed heavy before you leave, don’t get an automatic fish feeder, and you will do just fine. Fish can go weeks without food.

Ok. I have a driver that comes in the mornings to water the plants... but I'm not going to tell him to feed my fish bcuz I'm worried might overfeed. We are leaving in 2 hrs. We had to rent another car coz a lot of the family is coming. We are going to explore the limestone caves. I'm super excited!!
Definitely don’t get anyone else except you to feed the fish. They will take the term “pinch” and translate that to “half the container”.

Take pictures, we wanna see the caves and other things you encounter, aliens, ufos, cows, giant balls of wool :)
We didn't get to see the limestone caves because it rained on the day we were supposed to.
However, here's a pic of the hotel I was staying at at night.
haven trip.jpeg

They had fake ducks in the lake... real disappointment when we found out. The huge landmass in the top left corner is more than 280 million years old.

Is everyone against the food blocks?

I put one in my tank for the first time last week, was supposed to last 3 days but lasted longer, the plecks seem to like them.

Is everyone against the food blocks?

I put one in my tank for the first time last week, was supposed to last 3 days but lasted longer, the plecks seem to like them.
I have never liked food blocks, what food goes into your tank needs to go through a fish within a couple of minutes. Otherwise, you have the chance of Ammonia spikes.

If getting a helper to feed simply buy one of those mon-tues-wed-thurs pill holder thingys and put a days worth of food in each compartment.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back