FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hey, kids. I am seriously considering getting a school of D choprae for my hillstream tank. Anybody keep them? What's your experience with them? How are their personalities compared to zebra and giant danios? How do they color up? (that last question because I see a huge variability in their coloring online and I'm wondering what they really look like)

Thanks!

T

Origin and Habitat: Believed to be endemic to the upper Ayeyarwaddy drainage in northern Myanmar. Found in small streams in the hills, having a gravel substrate with small rocks and thick terrestrial vegetation along the stream banks.

Compatibility/Temperament: Peaceful, a suitable fish for a community aquarium of non-aggressive smaller fish. Must be kept in a group, at least 10-12 but more if space allows; males are territorial and this is less of an issue with larger groups in larger tanks.
A stream aquascape having a dark gravel substrate (sand will be fine if other inhabitants need that over gravel), rocks, and side plants would provide an ideal environment for a group; the dwarf species of loach, other small species danio and rasbora could also be included. Floating plants would reduce the light, providing the shading this fish prefers. It spends time at the surface, and is an adept jumper and will find the smallest opening, so the tank must be securely covered.

Most reactions

Back