Glofish with swim bladder disease

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

cherry_420

Reaction score
Hi there!

Recently I noticed my green glofish twisting and turning while he swims and Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that it is swim bladder disease. I tried feeding him green peas and it seems like it helps a little but not for long... I was wondering if there is a specific way to treat this? I donā€™t want him to pass away Heā€™s still pretty active but he flips over a lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

How long has the tank been set up for?
How long have you had the fish?
How long has the fish been acting weird?
Have you added anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before this started?

----------------------
Any chance of a picture and short 30-60 second video of the sick fish and the other fish in the tank?

If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

----------------------
Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Hi Colin!
Iā€™ve had the tank for about 4 months now and everything was going super well. When I first got this specific fish, he introduced ick into the tank, which I was able to get rid of. However, Iā€™ve noticed that heā€™s always been a weird little fellow... He never grows despite eating everyday and he likes to sit at the bottom of the tank. I do water changes every weekend but Iā€™ll do another today until he seems better... Heā€™s been swimming around lately and the best way to describe the motion is him swirling around. Iā€™ll post a video once I get home from work!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back